Where to find a woodruff key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a woodruff key?

We're working on getting the new engine back into a '96 Daytona 770, but the woodruff key for the crank is gone. We know it's a metric M4 size, but I assume that's the width, and I don't know of the length. Besides, can't find any of them at Home Depot, and Lowe's only had standard sizes, no metric. Auto parts stores weren't much help either. I know I can order them from some places, but it'd be a whole lot nicer if there were some shop in town that would have em. Really hoping to get the ski back in the water this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Your best bet is an Arctic Cat Dealer.

Comment

If you have ACE hardware up there give them a try. That's where I get all my metric stainless hardware and there much cheaper than most places. JC

Comment

I have a bunch of keys from Toyota cranks and P/S pump shafts. Measure the slot width, depth, I might could measure what I have. Best bet is visit your local "sled" dealer as posted above.
        ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

I have ten of them, I just put the my timing gear back and had to order a hole set of them
          let me know if you need one.
          [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X