Engine Coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Coupler

The engine coupler ( updated style) on my ski shattered yesterday leaving me stranded. Is there any local places in Tampa area that carry tigershark parts? I found a place in brandon that has the part for 89.00 versus ordering it from browns and havign to wait.

How hard is it to change this? I know it has been discussed somewhat so sorry for starting a new thread.

The flat part of the coupler is still there but the cicular sides is what shattered all apart so there was nothing grabbing the rubber to propel the ski.

Can anyone help me out on steps to change it.

I assume I first start disassembling the rear pump, take out the four big bolts, take off the steering and trim arm connections and that whole part should come off. Then I grab the engine coupler somehow and then use a wrench on the flat parts of the driveshaft just behind the rubber part of the coupler and turn that shaft counter clockwise and it will unthread and after taking the clamps off the part where the shaft exits the hull I should be able to slide it back some. How does the coupler come off though? I iwll take pictures later and post so I I can better get an explanation how to do it.

Once you remove the pump and unscrew the driveshaft from the coulpler. Just unscrew the coupler from the engine. You will have to lock the engine so it will not turn over while losening the coulpler. You can use a strapwrench to losten or a long punch on the flat spots neer the engine. If you need the part I have a new one.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

How do I lock the engine so it wont turn over to get the coupler off?

Comment

Put some rope through the rear plug hole to bind the piston and have a buddy hold the engine.

Comment

Excuse my lack of knowledge but where is the plug hold located at?

Does the driveshaft remove counterclokwise and so does the engine coupler?

Comment

HOLE not hold.

Comment

Yeah I meant Hole, I guess I need practice the typing better.

Comment

The rear plug hole - unscrew the sparkplug.

Yes the coupler comes off counter-clockwise.

Comment

Hey there. I stopped using Brown's Leisure for parts when I realized my local dealer was much cheaper. I order through Team Savage in Clearwater. Saved $$$ from Brown's who is in Canada. Good luck. Hope this post is not too late

Comment

Working...
                  X