No announcement yet.

greasing the bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigersharks do not have oil in the cap like Sea doos. All the bearings are sealed in yours.

Comment

I am looking at a 95' 900 manual and it said that there is 2oz of driveshaft lube in the stator/venturi before you put the cap on.

It must be there to keep the seals lubed or to work itself past the seals to keep the bearing well lubricated.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

First off, I really appreciate you guys working through this with me.

So, what is the consensus. slap it back together as is, or put 2 fl. oz. of oil in the cap and then put it all back together. I don't see what the oil would hurt, but I'm still not sure what there wasn't any in the first place.
        Joe Kissell<br />-1995 Tigershark 900<br />-1986 Kawasaki 650 X2

Comment

Your cone does not use any oil - if anything you should goob some marine grease inside, then bolt it back up.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do what you want but,

"I READ IT DIRECTLY FROM A GENUINE TIGERSHARK MANUAL FOR A 95' 900."

PN 2255-249

I am not sure why you are getting conflicting advise then what the manual says but if there is a reason I would like to know.

Maybe there is some confusion due to the fact that there are two differnt bearings on the 900. One that is located in the front of the JetPump that is sealed and uses no other lube. And two in the stator/venturi that support the impeller shaft.

I have always used the oil and have not had any bearing failures.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I am seeing does appear to be sealed and won't let any oil inside to the impeller. There are very small traces of a white grease here and there.

I did get a manual and the procedure does say to first drain the existing oil (which there wasn't) and then to refill with 2 fl. oz.
              So, that leaves me a little befuddled! [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img] I've owned this for 2 years and havn't had any problems with this area. I just wanted to do a little preventative maitenence.

From what I'm seeing, I don't think it needs anything at all, but I don't see any harm in putting a little marine grease on there.
              I guess that's what I'll do and then put it back together.

Any last comments/suggestions?
              Joe Kissell<br />-1995 Tigershark 900<br />-1986 Kawasaki 650 X2

Comment

Thjere were a couple of Shark models that required the pump oil on the original pump design. The next generation did not feature that requirement. Probably should have.

Comment

Working...
                X