High speed mag-3/4 pto-3/4
    Low speed mag-1 pto-1
    Pop off 21psi.
    Hight speed jet 100
    Low speed jet 75
    2.0 needle
    80g spring

Hope this helps.

I remember they had a lot of problems with this year ski and there was an update kit to help a lot of problems. I will try to find the instructions and see if they revised the carb specs.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Originally posted by dank:
      Ok, got the manual for 95' Daytona.
      Super BN-38
      High speed mag-3/4 pto-3/4
      Low speed mag-1 pto-1
      Pop off 21psi.
      Hight speed jet 100
      Low speed jet 75
      2.0 needle
      80g spring

Hope this helps.

I remember they had a lot of problems with this year ski and there was an update kit to help a lot of problems. I will try to find the instructions and see if they revised the carb specs.
      Wow, thats a lot of information. Like I said, this is my first 2-cycle motor, so I hope you can answer a few more questions for me (I have rebuild kits on the way. Will be here Friday).

1. What do you mean by mag and pto? Are those something to do with the number of turns on the mixture needle? Sorry I am such a novice at this, but I really want to know this inside and out.

2. Now, I have read a lot about the pop off, and I know you need a special tool to measure it. What I am wondering is do you test for it while the carb is on the ski and running, or is it something that can be tested while the carb is off the manifold?

3. I assume that the rebuild kit will have all the correct needles, springs and jets. If not, what should I look out for when it gets here?

I feel like a complete moron asking all these noob questions, but I really am not as ignorant as I sound. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks again for your support!

Patrick

Comment

Rebuild kits do not include jets or needles, but most include springs. Ours include all the springs. See the videos and/or articles on pop-off in the tech section of these forums for an explanation.

MAG, or Magneto, refers to the front, PTO, or Power Take Off refers to the rear.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Take a look --- how to build a pop-off gauge for under $10

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/ubb/ultim...=001832#000003

Comment

Very interesting. Wish there was a picture for better reference. I tried to envision the apparatus in my head, but I have a bit of a problem once you get to the other side of the pressure gauge. In addition, what is the shut off valve to be used for? I thought you just continously drew a vacuum until the "pop"

Patrick

Comment

When you have the carb side off "neddle and seat side" you connect a pump to the fuel inlet and block the fuel outlet of the carb.

Next you wet the needle and seat with WD and pump the pump up slowly "while watching the low pressure gauge" until the presure is released by the needle and seat.

It will make a pop sound and spray up WD when it does.

Wet it again and do this test 3 times to verify the setting.

This will tell you your pop off presure.

Comment

Hey dank,

Any word on that choke cable?

Patrick

Comment

Sliped my mind, I'll look tomorow.

Comment

Ok, quick question anyone who can answer it.

I got my rebuild kits in, and rebuilt the pto carb (the one with the pulse). Now on the mag carb, there is no pulse. My question is:

after you put on the O ring on, do you have to put a damper diaphram on after?

Seems to me like there should be a gasket of some sort in there to secure the cover plate to the carb body. None of the instructions I have found discuss the mag carb (the one without the pulse).

Thanks for any assistance.

Patrick

Comment

The easiest way is to pay attention to the carb as you disassemble it, but if you forget, www.brownsleisureworld.com has online microfiche. O-ring then cover, no gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support:
                        The easiest way is to pay attention to the carb as you disassemble it, but if you forget, www.brownsleisureworld.com has online microfiche. O-ring then cover, no gasket.
                        Ok, thanks for the hint.

Now I may have a new problem (not sure if it makes a difference or not). Apparently the carbs were reversed on the motor. Will that make a difference? Do I need to put the pulsed carb in the mag position, rather than the pto?

Patrick

Comment

No it doesn't matter which one has the pump.

Comment

I have a choke cable $15

Comment

Originally posted by dank:
                              I have a choke cable $15
                              How would you like to be paid?

Patrick

Comment

PayPal or MoneyOrder.
                                My PayPal is robin.keller@bovislendlease.com

email me at rkeller4@carolina.rr.com with zip so I can give a total with shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X