X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dank:
    PayPal or MoneyOrder.
    My PayPal is robin.keller@bovislendlease.com

email me at rkeller4@carolina.rr.com with zip so I can give a total with shipping.
    I private messaged you.

patrick

Comment

Ok, i am trying to test the pop off pressure now. My problem is when I pump it up, it sounds like the air seeps out around the N&S. I have primed with gasoline, but it won't hold the pressure. Every once in a while I will get a pop of the arm, but it is not consist enough to get a solid reading. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Patrick

Comment

If the N&S is wet and it still seeps, you need to replace the N&S, because it's leaking and there's nothing you can do.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, got the carbs rebuilt, put the mixes back to stock, and checked pop off pressure. I put the back on the ski, and with a tiny bit of priming, the ski erupts into life.

Don't even have to choke it to get it started.

My final question on this subject (hopefully) is how much smoke is too much? I noticed smoke coming out of the rear with the water. It seems to me to be a good amount of white smoke. I know other 2-cycle motors smoke some, so it isn't really alarming me too much. But, all the same, I was hoping someone would help me to gauge a "healthy" level of smoking.

I tried turning in the low mix screw to lean out the idle mixture, and it seemed to help, but the engine began to bog a bit during the idle.

Is this the correct remedy for this problem, if it even is a problem?

Patrick

Comment

Smoke is NOT a problem - you will have quite a bit especially on a cold engine at idle. The more synthetic your oil, the less smoke but it will and should never be, gone.

Comment

How does it run with the carbs set to stock? I wouldn't try to lean it out any since the water is cold now and if you lean it to 100% power now then after the water warms up it will probably overheat. Smoke is a good thing worry if you don't see smoke.
              Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I just wanted to express my deepest gratitude to all you experts out there that helped me with this jet ski. Today, we successfully tuned the carbs and ran the ski for hours. It felt just like when it came off the showroom floor, and it didn't show any of the previous problems. All of you helped the newbie tremendously, and I managed to learn a lot about this particular ski in the process. I can not thank you enough.

Thanks again. I will be regularly visiting here for tips and possibly advice as needed.

dank-

you wouldn't happen to have a lockplate and lanyard i could buy from you, too? Our's broke (riding hard today).

Patrick

Comment

You need the handel bar switch assy with trim?

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any extras.

Those things keep growing leggs and running off so I normaly have to buy a couple of them a year. :D

Comment

No, just the wristband, the lanyard, and the lock plate (basically just the thingy that attaches around your wrist and goes under the stop button). I have seen em on the net for about 20 bucks, but if you have one laying around, I would rather you get the money (considering all your help).

Patrick

Comment

Ok, new problem has popped up. I had run the jet ski for a couple of days on the water, and it has performed beyond my expectations, until yesterday. While in the middle of the river, cruising at about 5000 rpms, the motor deepened it sound and I could only max out at 4000 rpms.

After struggling to get it out of the water, I inspected the engine compartment for possible flooding or water damage. There was none, so after getting home I tried to get a better idea of what was going on.

Well, best I can figure, I am getting little to no fire on the pto cylinder. The spark on the mag side will jump about an inch out of the plug end, but there is no such intensity on the pto end.

The plug wire itself looks sound, so I was wondering where should I start troubleshooting to narrow down this apparent electrical problem?

Patrick

Comment

The first thing to do is try fresh plugs.

Comment

Both plugs use the same coil so do the old cut 1/4 inch off plug wire and screw plug cap back on. Use new plugs like suggested.

Check compression while you have the plugs out to make sure you don't chase your tail.

Comment

Working...
                            X