No announcement yet.

640 tigershark burnt piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You probably won't find any deals on it except used. Try the Parts wanted here or call the Salvage yards int he Program section on the left.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Quick question:

When separating the cylinder walls from the lower block, should you just use a rubber mallet and swing upward, alternating between the pto amd mag side, until the engine separates? We are having a heck of a time separating the two.

Patrick

Comment

A dead-blow mallet does come in handy, yes. Once the gasket seal is loose you just wiggle the cylinders up over the pistons.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Don't Forget!!!! There is a upside down stud with a nut on it behind the starter!!! That usually fools everyone...

Comment

Thanks. I will look for that upside down bolt near the starter. I was not aware of that one.

Patrick

Comment

ok, we have rebuilt most everything in the motor, and we are almost to the point of dropping it in the ski. My next question is how do we know this motor was shimmed correctly? Is there a method to ensure that the motor is in straight (can we use a level, or do we eyeball the coupling?). Thanks.

Patrick

Comment

Use the same procedure for shimming a Kawasaki 750 motor in the install guides.
                Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
                X