Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilge Pump and Trim, please help

Hi everyone,
    Bought my first Jetksi a 97 Daytona 770 about 3 weeks ago. I have a lot to learn and would appreciate any help.
    I am having problems with the trim and the bilge pump. Today I have disassembled the trim, greased the gears and check the operation by putting power directly from the battery. The trim works perfectly. I also disassembled the switch, and cleaned the contactors, but it does not want to work when I put everything back.
    With the bilge pump, when I press the switch, I hear a relay, but the pump does not spin, and the battery is fully charged. 2 weeks ago I had the same problem when I took the ski for its first run, and all of a sudden the bilge pump start working. The rev counter also did not work and all of a sudden it started to work. I have also checked the 4amp fuse that is located in a small black holder. I am sure it is a wiring or electronic component problem :

1) If it is an electronic component, which components can it possibly be ?
    2) Must the engine be running or the ski be in the water for the trim and bilge pump to work ?
    3) The fact that they both not work, could it be related to a combined electric component such as a relay or rectifier failure ?
    4) I have noticed that when I open the black electrical box, there is a relay that clicks whn I press hte bilge pump button. There are wires that goes to 2 identical components which on the cover of the box says Circuit Protector. Each one also has a button which you can press, what are these things ?

If anyone could help me with a wiring diagram, even just a basic one, or a short explanantion, I would really appreciate it. I live in a country where the jetski guys aren't interested in working on a tigershark and my only hope is either through these forums or trying an auto electrician. I am not an expert with electronics, but it does not look too complex.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Anton.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the trim never worked, that is why I took it apart, I thought it might have been stuck.

Comment

I have a 95, the trim and pump only work when the ski is running. I have had a few problems with my pump also. Works / don't work. I check all my connectors, the pump works fine. My wife had the trim get stuck yesterday, it was the plug.

Comment

Working...
      X