Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking

My engine, '95 TS 900, has a leak in it. ITs hard to describe where it is at specifically. ITs on the back of the engine, near the shaft. It is a little round hole that goes about an inch in diameter and about a half an inch into the engine and has a solid feel to it. I was wondering if it would be ok to fix it by just soldering over the little hole or is there a better way? Also, do these engines have freeze plugs in them?

That's the water jacket plug part# 3008-249 get a new one and reseal it in the case.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

HOw can i get the old on out? How do I put it in and seal it? also, where can I get the part? I'm trying to learn but I'm a slow learner.
      Thanks

Comment

I get my TigerShark parts from my local Arctic Cat Dealer... Takes 2-3 days. I order parts over the phone and he takes it from there. I look up the parts numbers on-line at http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/. You can place orders there as well.

[ July 01, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Brian J ]

Comment

I'm not tryin to whine but I searched for it on there but it does not come up as a part on my model of Tigershark. I have a 1995 Tigershark 900.

Comment

This is what I see on the site as part of the CrankCase Assembly...

Part Number: Description: Price:
            3004-539 PLUG,BALANCER (52MM OD) $10.25

Comment

Sorry, the 1000 has the water plug, yours is just the counterbalace plug. Personally I would split the cases to replace it, pushing it in will smear the sealer and not hold very well.

Comment

That would be the right part but it is for the opposite side of the engine, near the pump and stuff. I guess that means there is nothing there?

Comment

My last post might be confusing. The part that BrianJ mentioned is for the front of the ski near the stearing and such. The area i am tlaking about is in the rear of the engine towards the back where the pump is. All the diagrams on Brownsleisureworld show nothing in that area.

Comment

3004-539 PLUG,BALANCER (52MM OD)
                    This is what you need for the 900 engine.
                    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

same parts both ends.
                      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Which number is the part you are talking about then?

Comment

I would be talking about 17 but on the left hand side of picture. It just looks like a parts that does not come off.

Comment

Like I said, split the cases. It's just a plug held in with case sealer. You may not even need a new one, but you'll need to pull it out and clean it up to see. In any case, pull the motor out and split the cases.

[ July 01, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]

Comment

Is teh piece metal or is it plastic?

Comment

Working...
                              X