94 Tigershark Daytona Bilge Pump & Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Tigershark Daytona Bilge Pump & Trim

Can someone tell me how my trim and bilge pump should work? I found out that the trim can only be actuated when the bilge pump is running. Now my question is does the bilge pump run the whole time the engine is running or does it only run when you depress the button? I thought I remember that the bilge pump would still be running for a little bit after i shut the engine down. Or maybe it only runs when it detects water in the hull or something. Does anyone care to explain how the bilge pump works, cause if it doesn't run the whole time, then it seems that you would have to depres the bilge pump and then adjust your trim and that don't seem right.

when the engine is running the bilge pump should also be on all the time and the trim circut is active and you can trim the boat all the time.

When the engine is not running you can depress the bilge button "blue" to activate the bilge/trim circut and pump water out or adjust the trim while on the trailer ect.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I have a 95 Montego Deluxe and a 95 Daytona. I have noticed that both bilge pumps come on as soon as you start to crank over the engine. The trim on the Daytona will not work on mine until the engine is running. I think it has something to do with the magneto generating juice and pulling in a relay.

Comment

On my Daytona 97 770, there is a Blue button that manually activates the Bilge pump if the engine is not running. You will hear the main relay clicking when you press that button. This is also the relay that gets energised for the trim when the engine is running. If you keep the blue bilge pump button in you can operate the trim without the engine running.

Comment

I have not run my Daytona in water in a long time and i was wondering how long after you start it will the bilge pump turn on? does it take a little while? I have only started it out of water a few times and i noticed that it had not kicked on yet. it doesnt have a sensor that tells it to kick on when there is a presence of water in the hull does it?

Comment

what year? 94-95 have a relay that goes bad or the pump may be bad. Connect the pump to a battery to see if it works or not. If it does then the fuse or the relay is bad.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

hey dank, i am the one who bought the trim switch and the other parts from you a few months ago. thought i would tell you that i finally got around to working on the thing and a friend and i checked over everything and found out that there was nothing wrong with the switch i had. after an hour and a half we figured out that the trim switch actually worked when you depressed the bilge pump button. could not believe that we spent all that time and $ only to find out the reason it was not working was because the ground for the trim and the bilge are together. i have not run the thing in a long time so i did not know. and i have had it for about 4 years now.
              i now have an extra trim switch for sale if anyone is interested. actually the whole ski is for sale. 94 tigershark daytona for sale. has been in storage basically for about 4 years now. email me at bradanslinger@yahoo.com if interested.

Comment

since we're on the subject of trim.. I posted a message about trim awhile back.. mine quit and the first thing I went to do is check the fuse.. my '95 Daytona manual says to check the 6 amp "inline" fuse.. however when you look at the wiring diagram.. I don't see an inline fuse.. the 3 amp inline fuse for the bilge pump is easy to find and shows quite clearly in the wiring diagram.. I'm now confused about the discussion of bilge and trim circuits being intermingled?... can anyone straighten me out.. I'm sure the fuse is there somewhere but can't find it. Bill

Comment

Re: 94 Tigershark Daytona Bilge Pump & Trim

Originally posted by Don Allen
                  I have a 95 Montego Deluxe and a 95 Daytona. I have noticed that both bilge pumps come on as soon as you start to crank over the engine. The trim on the Daytona will not work on mine until the engine is running. I think it has something to do with the magneto generating juice and pulling in a relay.
                  Hi there! I dont have an answer for you but maybe u can help me. I have a 95 montego and I didnt no that it had an electric trim, Does yours? My ski runs Great but the trim is definitly out of wack cause it just keeps hoping out of the water, I do have a switch does that wurk my trim on a montego too? Just bought this ski last fall and I just need to figure how to keep it in the water without having to lean over the handelbars to keep in the water. Any help would be Greatly appreciated! Thanks , Maxx

Comment

The fuse should be located in the electrical box, Polaris trim and bilge work the same as tiger shark, The bilge pump works all the time when the ski is running and you can activate the trim by holding down the bilge button when the ski is not running.
                    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Here is brain teaser. I had a bilge pump installed that had a broken outlet for the hose. the pump worked, but could't be attached to the hose. I bought a new pump, tested it out of the ski and it worked fine. I installed the new pump and hooked it up exactly as the old one was, but now the pump never comes on and when i press the bilge pumpbuttononthe handle, i jsut get a clicking noise from inside the electrical box. the fuse is good, but no pumping. Also of note, the trim motor does not work as well. I know that they are linked some how in the ground wiring.
                      the manual says in this order:
                      bad pump - pump works
                      bad fuse - fuse is good
                      bad relay
                      bad lighting coil

Any help would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerorion View Post
                        Here is brain teaser. I had a bilge pump installed that had a broken outlet for the hose. the pump worked, but could't be attached to the hose. I bought a new pump, tested it out of the ski and it worked fine. I installed the new pump and hooked it up exactly as the old one was, but now the pump never comes on and when i press the bilge pumpbuttononthe handle, i jsut get a clicking noise from inside the electrical box. the fuse is good, but no pumping. Also of note, the trim motor does not work as well. I know that they are linked some how in the ground wiring.
                        the manual says in this order:
                        bad pump - pump works
                        bad fuse - fuse is good
                        bad relay
                        bad lighting coil

Any help would be great.
                        I am having the same issue. I disconnected the bilge pump as directed from the PWC forum and connected it directly to the battery. Pump kicked right on. I am now into investigating the relay switch. I am not getting anything from the trim either. Only common equipemt is the fuse which I changed and the relay which is my next guess.
                        Keep me posted.

Comment

Working...
                        X