Spark plug leads around the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug leads around the way

Further to my previous post (TS on one cylinder) I am wondering if I have got the spark plug leads around the wrong way, how can I tell which goes onto which cylinder? Currently the top wire that comes out of the electrical box goes to the back spark plug, could this be the reason for my problems?

I think that I may have found the problem, a dead sparkplug but it is quite new, the number is NGK B8ES is this the correct plug?

Comment

No it's not, you need BR9ES - not only are you using a too hotd plug, but it's a non-resistor, and you will get electrical interfearnce. Use the correct plugs, gapped to 0.024"

[ December 04, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Use a BR9ES or better yet a BR9EYA.

The plugs both fire at the same time so it wont matter if they are on backwards.

If a new plug soes not give you spark then unscrew the plug cap and cut 1/4" off the plug wire and screw the cap back on. A lot of times they can loose connection with the wire.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Are you sure that a br9es plug is hotter than a br8es? I always thought it was just the opposite.

Comment

I got some B9ES plugs, I sure hope they are hotter than the B8's as fouling seems to be my problem. I couldn't get BR9ES but I think that they just have supression resistors to stop interference which I am not worried about. Why doesn't it matter which way around the plug wires ago or do they spark both on the compression & exhaust strokes?

Comment

Sorry about the heat range, brain fart. Yes the 8 is hotter than the 9. If you are fouling with 8s in there (black wet plug) then you have other issues, possibly related to you not using a resistor plug. You NEED R plugs, don't bother running the non resistor, they don't work right. Go to any sea-doo dealer, they use BR9ES quite a bit also. No it doesn't matter which lead goes to which plug. Both fire every 180 degrees.

[ December 04, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Arctic Cat had changed the spark plug type on all Tigershark models to the later BR9EYA to assist with the oiling issue. They do seem to help.
                John Kubiak
                Powersports Technical Training Professional
                Las Vegas, Nevada
                Sea-Doo Tech 13736
                PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
                PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
                NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
                Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                X