BUSTED DRIVESHAFT COUPLER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUSTED DRIVESHAFT COUPLER

i just rebuilt my 1100 LI over the winter and finally got to take it out to start breaking it in.well anyway was riding for about 30 min. and pulled in and beached it for a break.so, a few min. later shoved off,fired it up,started to take off and picked up some thing in the pump(i think)i heard 2 loud bangs and that was it.so waited a few sec.and took off it seemed ok.so then i went full throttle for a few sec.,then down halfway and then to a stop,turned around started back and then CRASH,BANG,POW and it would`nt move.got home and checked it out and the coupler had flew apart in peices.any suggestions on what may have caused this would be very helpful,so maybe i can avoid this again

The coupler on the crank or driveshaft end? About the only thing that will do that is a very bad engine alignment.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

well, just the coupler period.the coupler on this model is one peice.it threads on the crankshaft and the drive shaft threads into it.when i reinstalled the engine everything lined up perfect.it did`nt seem to bind in anyway when it was running.possibly just bad or worn out?not sure on this one.i`m as confused as a nun on a honeymoon! by the way thanks for your input tech support

Comment

I have a new one for $50
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X