ENGINE MISS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGINE MISS

i took my 1100 LI(fuel inj.) tigershark out today and seems to run fine until when you run at 1/2 throttle or even 3/8 for a few seconds it begins to miss and of course loses power and seems like it wants to die [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ,like it`s running out of gas,but when you let completely off the gas and let it idle for a sec. it seems fine,no miss until you get back to about 1/2 throttle.i`ve only open it up full throttle about 3 or 4 times so far because i`m still breaking it in.anyone ever had this problem? any pointers in the right direction would be very helpful.thanks

It's very possible you will need to find a dealer that still has a diagnostic computer to look at it, there are many things that could be wrong but only a computer can tell. Unfortunately that's about the worst model to have as far as support.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have worked on several Li models if you are close to NC? The system is the same as what is on the Polaris and Kawasaki ski'sbut the program is a little different on each model. I would order the Supplement manual and the computer connection kit with software from Arctic Cat. This will help you find your problem.

It does sond like either bad plugs "get NGK only or it won't idle very good", a weak fuel pump, faulty 48V coil on the stator or a faulty injector, faulty ignition module. In that order you will find testing procedures for all in the Li manual.

Do you get any warning light on the dash?
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

no warning lights at all,also done a comp. check and is 148,145,145. i was told by the previous owner that you can only use the champion brand plugs in it.what is the plug #`s for the NGK plugs? do you think the plugs might possibly be my problem.by the way thanks dank and sbt support for the speedy response.

Comment

I'm not sure but this guy should have them in stock, he's about the last standing supplier for TS parts. http://www.roguejets.net/shark_parts.htm

Comment

If you need any Tigershark parts I can ge them for you also.
            The NGK plugs are what the came with from Arctic Cat. NGK #PZFR6H

Comment

They can be ordered from most motorcycle shops.

Comment

i`ll call my local arctic dealer and see if they`ve got`em.not sure what the standard labor rate is to work on and service waverunners is,but these guys charge a wopping 50.00 per hour+of course parts and don`t really no how service tigersharks properly.i bought this TS from some people who said they were just tired of fooling with it because of the cost of the parts and labor.they were told by the dealer that it was the TP senser twice,then they said it was the fuel pump.plus the owners said at wide open throttle it would`nt go but 45 MPH.so any way i bought it and got it home and done a comp.check first thing!mag103psi.cen.90psi,pto1psi. here`s the problem.the rear injector fell apart in the combustion chamber on the pto cyl.thats where the trouble started.my point is that after taking it to the dealer 3 times and water testing it,they never done comp check and sent them home with it and told them it was fixed.that`s why i`d rather just find someone else to fix it or just do it myself.

Comment

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is throw parts at it if you do not have a supportive dealer, and they are NOT cheap anymore. Owning a Tigershark, especially the 1100li, is a VERY expensive thing - I always recomend to people that they sell thier Tigersharks as soon as possible.

Comment

Well if they sell them ASAP then someone else will have it and will still need "Technical Support" to keep it running. If the old TigerShark dealer's are not able to do this then this is the next best thing.

So where do you stand now? still need the rear cylinder repaired? If the dealer had the cable and software it is very easy to test the TPS and many other parts of the ignition and fuel system. Do yourself a favor and order the manuals and software.

BTW I cahrge $75/hr.

Comment

man i`m in the wrong buisness.sounds like you guys make good money,but it`s worth every penny if you`ve got someone who knows what their talking about. anyhow,i just got threw rebuilding it a couple of months ago 1,350.00 worth.,but it is running. i just started it on a water hose and looking at the clear fuel filter i can see lots of tiny air bubbles,i don`t think this normal,so could this be my miss/bogging problem?air in fuel line.just let me know what you think dank.thanks

Comment

Definitely no air bubbles should be in a fuel line, find the leak.

Comment

agree.... no air should be in the fuel lines or ther injectors will misfire lean.

Comment

just changed all fuel lines and so far(knock on wood)no air bubbles.and also found that my dumba** had the fuel line and return line crossed up.switched`em around and throttle response is alot better,so i think this was my problem along with the air leak.have`nt water tested it yet,but will report back.BTW just wonderin why can`t you premix on the fuel inj.models

Comment

Because the injectors will not work with the thicker oil mixture, and cannot recalibrate to add additional amounts of fuel, as you have taken up volume with the oil. It would clog and run lean.

Comment

Working...
                              X