No announcement yet.

ENGINE MISS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well,finally took it out today and it ran great for a while then started same old crap again,bogging down.i thought for sure that i`d found my problem but evidently that was`nt it,but it does run better and smoother when it does run ok.and let me also add that it does`nt do it all the time.for example i can take off and run about 35mph for about 300feet(no problems) and slow down and let it idle for few sec. and take off again and then it might start to bog down or miss again and sometimes not.going to try new plugs first before anything else.hopefully this is the problem.wish you could ride this thing dank,maybe you could tell right off the bat what the problem is.will report back soon

Comment

I have two of the Li's on there way to the shop tomorow for thier yearly checkup.
      He only rides them in salt water so I know there will be a lot of things to fix.

Try the plugs but it may be the stator not puting out enough voltage but the light should come on if that was the case. I had one once that did strange things and finaly changed the wire harness and it ran great after.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

i called my local arctic dealer today and they`ve got the diagnostic machine to put it on.don`t think they can do any harm there,so i`ll see what the outcome is and report back and with any luck they can pinpoint the problem and hopefully a cheap fix,but i doubt it.

Comment

i called the tigershark dealer today and they have`nt got to it yet to run a diagnostic.but the mechanic says that it could possibly be the overheat sensor.anyone ever seen a problem like this with the overheat sensor causing it.

Comment

i went and picked up my shark today and still not fixed.i started it on water hose and it ran for less than a min. and the check engine and temp light come on and it would`nt rev up.i waited about 20-30 min and started it again,same thing.is there any way to bypass this to see if it`s the problem?by the way anyone in the tn.area please don`t waste your time and money on those idiots down at marine outfitters.there`s about a 1/2 inch chunk taken out of the front of my waverunner where they apparently over shot it trying to load it on the trailer when they water tested it and man does that just piss me off!gonna love to hear what they`ve got say about that.(huh,we did`nt do it must have already been like that!)

Comment

nevermind it was a broke wire on the sensor itself.fixed that and started it up and no warning lights,but maybe this will help explain things.when i get throttle 1/4-1/2 it`s like it a rev limiter kicking in.know anything about this?perhaps the tp sensor?

Comment

alrighty,this time i think i`ve found the problem for sure.had it running for about 5 min.and shut it off.thought i smelled gas and sure enough there was fuel leaking around the front injector base.and even after pulling the injector loose with the lines still attached it was still leaking a little bit out of the injector.does anyone agree that this is it.i`ll see if i can by a miracle find a used injector for this thing.will report back soon,thanks

Comment

I will have to order an injector for one of the ski's I am working on also. email me and I will tell you how much I can get them for. I may be able to save you some $
                  Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
                  X