THIS MAN NEEDS SOME HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS MAN NEEDS SOME HELP

THIS MAN NEEDS SOME HELP WITH SOME COMMENTS-------" LOOKING FOR ANY COMMENTS ABOUT (SBT) MOTORS AND CRANKS. I HAVE HEARD SO MANY STORIES GOOD AND BAD ABOUT THIS COMPANY I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE. ANYONE EVER USED THIS COMPANY BEFORE AND WERE THE PARTS GOOD. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS ON (SBT).IM THINKING ABOUT ORDERING SOME STUFF FROM THEM BUT NOT SURE. THANK YOU."
    KEVIN a26531@hotmail.com

[ July 01, 2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: bullraider ]

i got a new rebuilt from them this year and it runs great no problems at all. and they have a nice warrenty. you could go out and buy a new car or any thing and your going to get a lemon once in a while. a side from buying new unless you have a lot of $$$$$, I cant think of a better company to go with.

Comment

Well, we have had a bad experience so far. The engine we purchased from SBT is defective and the dealer said this is the second one they have had. SBT will not pay for shipping the engine back or the removal and installation of it.
      We have already paid the dealer all of these costs and we have to pay again. I feel we are paying twice because of SBT failure to do their job.

Comment

We pay shipping for defects, but not normal warranty claims, no.

Our warranty only covers parts - labor is the responsability of the buyer.

Defective means the engine was defective upon arrival, or failed immediately upon use - a material or assembly defect. If the engine was run, the craft used, etc. - it is a normal warranty claim.

What are the circumstanses of the failure?

Comment

Shelly, 2 things come to my mind.

1. Watercraft motor installation is nearly as easy as changing the oil in your car. Its a 2-4 hour operation at most and really is a no brainer. Why you are paying a dealer to do this instead of asking your dad/brother/husband/friend to do this is beyond me, but I digress.

2. I purchased a seadoo 580 motor from SBT and after breaking it in, ran it hard the entire summer. That motor had to be the most bulletproof motor in the world in how it was constructed and how well it held up. Phenomenal service, excellent warranty, etc.

If you buy a part for your car at pep boys, put it on, and it breaks, they wont pay the labor to have it removed. Why should sbt be any different?

Comment

Hey Slag,

If you can take the motor out of my XL 1200, in 2-4 hours, what is your phone # ?? -I want to hire you next time.

USMCDAD

Comment

I probably had my "800" sea doo motor out in about 1-1.5 hrs. No biggie.

John

Comment

I BOUGHT 97 SEADOO XP 787 MOTOR FROM SBT AND CHANGED IT OUT AND WAS RUNNING ON WATER 4 HOURS LATER.BEFORE THAT I HAVE NEVER CHANGED ANY PWC MOTOR.SBT IS GOOD SERVICE AND FRIENDLY ADVICE.ON THE OTHER HAND IT TOOK SBT 3 TRIES TO SEND RIGHT ROTARY VALVE FOR 91 580 TELLOE MOTOR.SO AS ALL COMPANIES DO THEY HAVE THIER PROS AND CONS
                MNYMN

Comment

What three sizes did we send out?

Comment

First you sent 159 dgree,then 147 then the oem one 132 degree.no biggie becuase as soon as I called them they over nighted right away.Great service in my opinion.this was for 1991 580 yellow motor.
                    MNYMN

Comment

Doh! S orry bout that!!

Comment

i bought a engine from sbt last year had it in and running in 4hrs been running great this year no problemo only issue i have with them is they promised it to be delivered by a certian date and said it would be free if they missed the date and they missed it by 1 week but guess what they said i must have wrote the wrong date down go figure [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Comment

USMCDAD, No offense, but you probably couldnt afford me [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have never seen a yamaha 1200 cc motor. The motor I was talking about was a seadoo 580, also done a kaw 650 in 45 mins

I think it would take me substantially longer to do a polaris triple though.. I did take one out and cursed the entire time. Between beers, i think it took the better part of 5 hours just to remove it.

Comment

OK SLAG, yes we could have changed it ourselves but we were not expecting to have to purchase an engine when we took it to the dealer. It was smoking bad & had no power. We thought it was something else. However, the dealer was going to charge me 3 hours labor for telling us the engine was shot. That amount would be included in the removal & installation of the engine if I let them do the job so we agreed. Yes we were suckers, but we learn from our mistakes.

Comment

Slag:

What was so bad about doing the triple? I may be doing mine soon, could use any pointers you have from the experience.

Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X