SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    From
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

On average what's needed first in testing, carb rebuilds or new motors? Do you feel that this is consistent with real world use?

When testing in that manner you're likely to rule out water injestion and other preventable issues. Unless there are design weaknesses overheating and other similar problems shouldn't be an issue either. With that in mind, what are the typical failures that you find with these machines?

From
    SBT

We will not share specifics, again, trade secret. Carb rebuilds are definitely not an issue, and yes we have eliminated virtually all external testing issues and are able to simply wear the engine itself out.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

From
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I understand the protection of trade secrets. In another way of asking, how does a motor wear out in your controlled tests? Does it just seize all of a sudden, or start to run weak and loose power? Again, I am not asking for trade secrets, I am just wondering when a motor is declared worn out.

From
    SBT

Most of the time they run and eventually loose power after many hours of wide open throttle. We run them until they stop, besides the regular refueling/oil breaks.
    Last edited by Technical Support; 01-08-2008 at 02:26 PM.

From
    Gainesville GA

How long does it take for you to seize a motor. Any motor?
    <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

From
    SBT

OK....guys....

We are NOT giving out testing details, if you can't understand why...just don't ask anyway [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

From
    Gainesville GA

Not that good !
    <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

From
    Gainesville GA

that we cant have details. I will let you know howmany hours i get out of mine to add with you test . so far 3 times aweek for 5 weeks

From
    Lubbock, TX

Looks like i started this mess, sorry tech

From
    San Diego

Originally posted by Technical Support:
    Oooooh, sorry I misunderstood what you meant. We have yet to find an SBT motor that does not last as long as the OEM counterpart.
    well no one has had any luck getting any info out of this thread, so OEM and SBT motors are equal ? no way to really tell with the above relatively ambiguous statement.

If your not going to give out any useful info, why bother touting the fancy new testing facility?

I guess it's good to show that your beating up your engines and comparing them to OEM motors, its a good development tool, to see what fails, and modify your rebuild process to possible counteract high failure items.

Maybe the SBT motors aren't up to snuff, if they were substantially better, wouldn't SBT be advertising that? I'm not saying SBT doesn't build good motors, I'm quite confident thier work is top notch.

I wouldn't see any harm in releasing test data on OEM motors so end users can possibly benefit from purchasing greater reliablity machines. A disclaimer would be in order of course, since end user maintainance, and usage (eg: salt water) may have a serious effect on motor life. Results may vary...

Or, without releasing specifics, a squib like "Our tests show WaveMonster motors average 30% longer run times than WaterCruncher engines. Once again, results may vary...

Just my 2 cents worth..I just don't have a good rant in me today, oh well, maybe next time [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Tweet tweet, all idiots out of the gene pool!

Thread Information