Tech 22 - Alligator Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK....guys....

We are NOT giving out testing details, if you can't understand why...just don't ask anyway [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Not that good !
      <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

that we cant have details. I will let you know howmany hours i get out of mine to add with you test . so far 3 times aweek for 5 weeks
        <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

Looks like i started this mess, sorry tech

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support:
            Oooooh, sorry I misunderstood what you meant. We have yet to find an SBT motor that does not last as long as the OEM counterpart.
            well no one has had any luck getting any info out of this thread, so OEM and SBT motors are equal ? no way to really tell with the above relatively ambiguous statement.

If your not going to give out any useful info, why bother touting the fancy new testing facility?

I guess it's good to show that your beating up your engines and comparing them to OEM motors, its a good development tool, to see what fails, and modify your rebuild process to possible counteract high failure items.

Maybe the SBT motors aren't up to snuff, if they were substantially better, wouldn't SBT be advertising that? I'm not saying SBT doesn't build good motors, I'm quite confident thier work is top notch.

I wouldn't see any harm in releasing test data on OEM motors so end users can possibly benefit from purchasing greater reliablity machines. A disclaimer would be in order of course, since end user maintainance, and usage (eg: salt water) may have a serious effect on motor life. Results may vary...

Or, without releasing specifics, a squib like "Our tests show WaveMonster motors average 30% longer run times than WaterCruncher engines. Once again, results may vary...

Just my 2 cents worth..I just don't have a good rant in me today, oh well, maybe next time [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            Tweet tweet, all idiots out of the gene pool!

Comment

I am sure they do not want there competition getting their info . Consumers need it but not competetor so its a catch 22

Comment

I think you're all a little naive in thinking that they would give this info out under any circumstances. Imagine the cost of running such tests. You're posting and reading these messages on a service that SBT are providing for FREE, whether you are a customer or not!

Consider yourselves lucky that they even have a video for it which you can download.

Crikey guys, give them a break!

(No, I am not currently a customer, but I know who I'll be going to when/if my engine breaks)

Comment

Re: Tech 22 - Alligator Point

has SBT compared their remanufactured engines to ones of their competitors? if so, what were the results?
                  GO INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There aren't any direct competitors. Everyone else is a one off shop, barely doing what we do in a week, all year. No, we have not compared our engines to anything but OEM.

Comment

i know this is old but im going to ask anyways..... have you done testing with your stage I or II upgrades to see if it is just as reliable as OEM motors? i have been curious to know

Comment

What are you talking about? We do not have any upgrades.

Comment

Do you run the engines, leave and come back later to fill up gas and oil, or does some poor schmuck have to sit there and wait for individual skis to run out of gas?

Comment

We have a huge RV to live in.

You can see a couple shots here: http://www.sterndrive.cc/sterndrive-...eendurance.htm

Comment

Is SEI and SBT the same company? The websites obviously have the same designer.

Comment

No, they are separate companies, same owner. Yes I designed both :)

Comment

Working...
                                X