SBT Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Rods

Recently bought a ski that we discovered has a SBT engine in it. (97 SPX)
    The previous owner neglected it and it leaned out. I am doing a top end on it, and discovered that OEM sea doo wrist pin bearings (caged style) will NOT fit in the SBT rods. I guess I need to buy some needle bearings from SBT ??
    Thanks,
    John

That's correct. We prefer caged bearings for the Sea-Doo engines, and some of the diameters are a differnt size. We have the caged wrist pin bearings for our rods for $15 ea.

Comment

How will I know which diameter I will need?
      Will I need to measure before I order, or are the different diameters for different engines ?
      Why not keep the rod ends the same size as OEM ??

Thanks,
      John

Comment

You don't need to know the size, just get 787 wrist pin bearings from us.

The non-caged to caged design is just a different construction, thus a different size.

Comment

I have OEM caged bearings to go in it..P/N 290832440. They are bigger than the caged bearings that came out of it. Are SBT rod ends the same size as OEM ? I assume you won't be open until Tuesday to oreder ??

Thanks again,
          John

Comment

No, the openings are not the same size in all the Sea-Doos. You need to use our bearings, with our rods. We open on Tuesday, yes.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why not make them the same size as OEM ? Not flaming or anything, just wondering if there is a reason ??

John

Comment

Because when you make a caged bearing, if you maintain the same diameter, you can't fit in enough rollers. Just take a look at the difference in construction and you'll see why.

Comment

SBT bearing has 16 "needles"
                  OEM has 15, but the needles are larger....I would'nt think there would be much difference,
                  quality wise...

John

Comment

Working...
                  X