r12x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r12x

Does any one know of any problems with the new honda?Is any one making or going to make after market parts for these?

I haven't heard of any problems with the R12X and have several friends that own them. They are very quick out of the hole and have great mid range. I am sure Riva will be coming out with something soon, as will others.
    Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

i have a stage 1 kit.

it's 208-220 hp depends on your options. go here to check it out. Stage 2 is under development now.

http://www.pwctoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=11978&start=0
      If i got to understand, Please don't bother to explain<br /><br /><a href="http://www.garrigans.com/topfuel/" target="_blank"></a>

Comment

HMMM....where do I start.....OK this is not a bash/rant or anything in between. I have a question...... Assuming your running these Hondas with increased boost and higer HP ...yes you can increase this...but what are doing to the rods? The increase load on the rods my guess after running it for a bit and getting them nice and hot..as well as the overall temp of the boat will also raise how long do you think the "STOCK" bottom end will last? I don't think its going to last 75-100 hours before you start overstressing the rods enough that you will have Rod/Crank damage due to the increased Load on the engine. Im very ...very familar with Forced Air induction engines...and from the testing Ive done..as well as the work ive seen in the shops..that anyone using these have also changed Rods / Cranks that can handle the extra PSI. Whats your target Boost range you plan on using? If you anywhere near 14 PSI ...."on Race gas" the bottom end , "unless Honda gave some extra thought about the stress lvls and made it extra beefy" will fail after 75-100 hours at 14 PSI . Its great you have found a way around the ECM ....but long story short most FAI engines at 14 PSI dont last to long, and to make it worse...when you start bouncing around...and get the prop out of the water..and back in...its going to be reving so high I would be surprised if the REV limiter can catch it...before its spun way to high for the stock bottom end as well. Also One last question....will you be using the stock waste gate? Let me know like to see how this turns out .

Mike

Comment

As with any modified moter reliability is always a factor.But the hondas are already pushing 12-14 psi .Take a look at the import drag racing seen. There are stock bottom end hondas turning as much as 14000 rpm.On the boost .30psi is common place. I honestly dont know how long these engines last at that level ,but it must be pretty good considering how meny people are doing it.Bottom line if you want to go fast your not real worried about how long it will last as long as its at least one season.Just mt fast thinking thoughts..

Comment

Thats true...if you want performance....at the cost of Reliablity......however....one big difference tho is these engines will have the prop coming out of the water....at times....causing majior over rev...where on the street they are always on a Load. I looked at the stock compression ratio...and your right these are lower compression engines then say a sport bike or car engine...however I really doubt its truely running that much boost....I could be wrong...but...what gauges are you test boost lvls? Also what waste gates are you using on the kits? Let me know tho how this turns out.....whats you avg boost lvls you think your running at now?

Cheers,
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mpeavler1:
              HMMM....where do I start.....OK this is not a bash/rant or anything in between. I have a question...... Assuming your running these Hondas with increased boost and higer HP ...yes you can increase this...but what are doing to the rods? The increase load on the rods my guess after running it for a bit and getting them nice and hot..as well as the overall temp of the boat will also raise how long do you think the "STOCK" bottom end will last? I don't think its going to last 75-100 hours before you start overstressing the rods enough that you will have Rod/Crank damage due to the increased Load on the engine. Im very ...very familar with Forced Air induction engines...and from the testing Ive done..as well as the work ive seen in the shops..that anyone using these have also changed Rods / Cranks that can handle the extra PSI. Whats your target Boost range you plan on using? If you anywhere near 14 PSI ...."on Race gas" the bottom end , "unless Honda gave some extra thought about the stress lvls and made it extra beefy" will fail after 75-100 hours at 14 PSI . Its great you have found a way around the ECM ....but long story short most FAI engines at 14 PSI dont last to long, and to make it worse...when you start bouncing around...and get the prop out of the water..and back in...its going to be reving so high I would be surprised if the REV limiter can catch it...before its spun way to high for the stock bottom end as well. Also One last question....will you be using the stock waste gate? Let me know like to see how this turns out .

Mike
              You’re very Mis-informed on the whole Honda's Rod situation. Stock Honda uses Forged Pistons and Forged steel Rods. And a Very Beefy Forged Steel crankshaft. 200hp is child’s play for this motor.

Some of my equipment is used on a record holding Honda motor that made 505 RW Hp at Daytona this year. These are proven parts .

150 hrs on my Ski alone.. with over 19psi of boost on 80 hours of that.

I've got 36 yrs in the race business and build my own Billet motors from BIG chunks of aluminum, Horsepower is something.... I dream/eat and sleep with. But I understand your point. it, just doesn’t apply here. hope you understand.

coming out of the water is not an issue, the rev limiter is programmed 500 rpm above max.

the waste gate is controlled buy the ecm also,.. everything is 100% controllable..

Sample of one of the motors I build and race. Over 1100 hp on nitro.

[ September 10, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: NitroShark ]
              If i got to understand, Please don't bother to explain<br /><br /><a href="http://www.garrigans.com/topfuel/" target="_blank"></a>

Comment

DO ya think the ECM can control over boost that if that prop comes out of the water..at FT??? The boost lvls on the street are nothing....but how about the water? Bikes and cars dont have Free Revs...like a ski does....shrug....Jusk asking questions.....if your dumping lots of boost in these....I just wonder if the ECM can keep the revs....from letting the bottom end faill.....guess we will see :D

Mike

Comment

Mike,

This is some pretty fancy stuff i use, same as rally cars and F1 . Rally guys go air born all the time.

There is a built in data recorder and here is proof soo you know I'm not a B/S.

Yea, i't expensive, but you get what you pay for. And I've learned to use the Best equipment.

on this particular day the Ski revs 6400 rpm max normally. Take a Look at the Min and Max RPM…. I was jumping out of the water on the recorded data here. Only 150 rpm more before the rev limit caught it. Cool huh.

Comment

Hmm......looks a lot like a set up I used on the last bike I ran...the Hayabusa....pretty trick..let me know how it turns out..my friend has a Honda and wants to do work to it...and hes got plenty of money :D

Mike

Comment

You might have a good point on longevity. My turbo threw the #3 rod into the valve train at 135 hours. Honda has so far blamed it on the following: The aftermarket solas impeller; residual sand in the cooling jackets that made it overheat without shutting down on overtemp [and storing a code in the ecm]; scratches on the hull that made it look "abused". Its been over a month now with no repairs and no decision on the warranty.
                      JR
                      JR IN JAX

Comment

from what i saw, your motor did not throw a rod, but rather Dropped a Valve,. very common with stock valves.

Warranty will cover it.

I’ve seen a lot of this on OEM valves. First ever though for a Honda Ski.

Comment

Re: r12x

there are problems with the bearing on the pump unit, the seals on the engin cover are not sealing all the way. ( if you leave your boat in the the water over night and rains, it mite senk ) The last thing, when they first came out, the gas would stick wide open... ( THERE WAS A BIG RE-CALL AND STOP IN SELLING THEM AT THAT TIME ) I wouldn't buy one or would I take one for free....!!!!!!!!!
                          JB

Comment

srx800???are you sure your not an ex honda employee??

you sound very hateful towards honda and your facts are all @@@@ed up...
                            2002 honda f12x (mine)<br />2002 honda f12x (hers)<br />2004 chevy siverado H/D duramax/allison<br /><br />see pics here of all my toys and activities..<br /><a href="http://community.webshots.com/user/ctoolman28y9" target="_blank">http://community.webshots.com/user/ctoolman28y9</a>

Comment

NO, I have ever worked for Honda... I get all my info from talking to people who own different ski's.. I my self would love to ride one, but I haven't meet anyone that has offer to let me ride one. All my friends have Yamahas. Last, what I say about Hondas many be ture maybe false.. ( like I said," this is what people tell me." ) AND I KNOW, SOME PEOPLE LIE...!

PS

If I offended you your ski, I sorry. I don't want a Honda war... I hope this forum clears things up. Keep riding and be safe...
                              JB

Comment

Working...
                              X