SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

My f12x Turbo threw a rod and destroyed the valve train at 135 hours. It blew up [with no warning] while cruising with a friend on another turbo over a month ago way up the Suwannee river. This left us to tow it 20 miles back to the boat ramp. So far Honda has tried to use multiple excuses on why they don't have to honor their $800.00 extended warranty on a $11,000. p.w.c. They keep telling me that they will offer me some "goodwill money" but they will not repair my engine that still has several years of warranty left. I had changed the oil / filter three times with the correct Honda parts and it was full of oil when it failed. Please be cautious before buying one unless things change..
    JR
    JR IN JAX

From
    Delaware

Wow dude,
    If I was Honda I would definately fix your 'ski...because I have seen you posting on almost every watercraft board on the net.

Keep it going until they budge.

I was think about buying one, but I have been swayed by several things. It look like I am going with a Kawi for next year.
    J-me
    05 Bayliner 175
    98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

From
    canada

what reason are they giving you for declining your warranty repairs ??

The dealer, Honda of Jax first said it was "modified" [I put a solas impeller on it]. Then they said I abused it due to scratches on the hull. The latest is that I have been beaching it which filled the cooling jackets up with sand that would not flush out. All the experts say now that it was an exhaust valve that broke. Check out the picture below. They still haven't warrantied it after a month and a half,
    JR
    http://www.pwctoday.com/download.php?id=11842
    JR IN JAX

Good news everyone,
    I have just received a call from David at Honda C.S. and they have finally talked to their field service manager [DSM] who has been injured in an accident and could not communicate before now his decision to completely rebuild my engine. The decision to do it under "goodwill" was made because they could not make a final determination as to what caused the failure and the absense of a obvious defect does not allow a "Warranty" of the repair. I was assured that if any defect arises during the remainder of my warranty period it will be covered normally. I will fix the hull ding [myself]. He also shared with me, don't overtighten my oil filter with giant channel locks [I'm guilty] and the exhaust valves are already a one piece valve. Their DSM is going to supervise the work at H.O.J. as his injury allows. They have assured me the job will be done correctly. David also suggested that I cut the oil change intervals in half [which I have no problem with since I have an oil sucker].
    I appreciate everyone who has "chipped in" to help [including Honda].
    I'll HOPEFULLY be riding again before long.
    Thankfully,
    JR
    JR IN JAX

I was able to pick up my Ski from the dealer on Wednesday. Honda picked up the entire bill and it seems to run good, but it is too cold to find out for sure.
    Thanks everyone,
    JR

[ December 19, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Jim Randle ]
    JR IN JAX

From
    tejas

good for you! always glad to hear a happy ending..............
    cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Thread Information