SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

Thread: honda mods

From
    cocoa florida

now that i traded in my 98 gsxl for a 2004 honda 2 seat turbo (with 4 yrs. of warranty)i may be interested and some mods.while i was shopping for this ski a gentleman from michigan,that was also buying one told me that up there a computer chip was available to increase h.p..has anyone heard of this?
    any reviews on different props and if so what pitch and what would be the results?
    i know there are not a lot of honda 4 stroke owners out there but if anyone is interested on how it is going i look forward to talking.

tom
    TT

From
    SBT

So far there are no mods. They might be released sometime this year, but no one has released any for sure parts or timeframes. I would expect an ECU to start with, and probably an intake kit of some kind. Hopefully someone will have a ride plate and intake grate option. www.skat-trak.com released two props, but they do not change much overall, just change total power to hookup or top speed, more an altitude adjustment than performance enchancement.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

From
    TX

THAT IS CORRECT ON THE INTAKE MODS. I SPOKE WITH A REPUTABLE HONDA TECH THAT SAID AROUND LATE JUNE OR JULY A FEW MODS INCLUDING ECU AND INTAKE SYSTEM MODS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR RETAIL PURCHASE. THEY ARE BEING TESTED NOW WITH A FEW TEST BOATS ALONG WITH A FEW WASTE GATE COMBINATIONS ON THE TURBO MODELS. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE THE RESULTS FROM THE TESTING. AS FAR AS THE AFTERMARKET IMPELLER AVAILABLE NOW I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY NOTICABLE GAIN FOR THE MONEY SPENT. MAYBE A BETTER ONE SOON.

Honed, weve been going with the solas impeller. There isnt much top speed gain in stock form and im waiting to get some feedback on a few that weve increased the pitch on. There is a very noticeable difference in the bottom end performance as cavatation is almost eliminated.

From
    TX

THAT IS THE SAME FEEDBACK I HAVE HEARD NOT MUCH ON THE TOP END AND SOME HOLESHOT INCREASE. POST THE RESULTS WHEN YOU GET SOME FEEDBACK ON THE REPITCH. THANKS.

From
    Palm Harbor, FL

Check out www.pwctoday.com in the Honda forums there are several mods you can buy already for it.

From
    SBT

Actually they have the same discussion as here...no major mods but impeller and intake grate. The ECU hasn't been cracked or modified yet, so there are no HP boosts released yet.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

From
    ST Augustine Fl

HONEDOUT- did your source say the ECM mods were being developed by Honda, or an aftermarket company. I would love to see Honda release a hop up kit. Thanks.

From
    tennessee

Default Re: honda mods

HERE IS ANOTHER LINK FOR SOME INFO

WWW.DALESJETSPORTS.COM

THET HAVE SOME GOOD PACKAGES..CHECK EM OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

From
    a guy that uses Nitro

Default Re: honda mods

Actually i do have a kit,. they are all over the USA. It replaces the Honda Electronics with a standalone system and data recorder.

e-mail me for more info
    SgRacing@bellsouth.net

If i got to understand, Please don't bother to explain<br /><br /><a href="http://www.garrigans.com/topfuel/" target="_blank"></a>

Thread Information