Sea Doo 1990 Sp 580 Yellow Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Doo 1990 Sp 580 Yellow Motor

can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot a 580 electrical system. i dont have a sea doo ignition tester, like the clymer wants( im sure no one has it ). symptoms no spark plenty of battery power, motor was rebuilt after someone gave me the ski. it probally burnt up because of a ignition problem. when i say troubleshoot i meen what are the proper measured voltages at what point should i measure.i already switched out the cdi with a used one, and still no spark but the condition of the used cdi is unknown, so that doesn't help much. my sea doo soins over even if the lanyard is not connected which i thought was funny.
    any help would be appreciated,
    thanks
    travis

Re: Sea Doo 1990 Sp 580 Yellow Motor

A common problem on that model was the wire loom from the CDI to the coil breaking the wires internally in the insulation where you cannot see it broken. Usually right below the coil connection.

When this happens, you get zero spark at the plugs.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: Sea Doo 1990 Sp 580 Yellow Motor

i removed the wires betweenn the cdi and coil, checked continuity with a meter and got the beep no matter how i wiggled it. a couple years ago i trimmed the wires back and installed new connectors on this section.

Comment

Working...
      X