Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Sea Doo GTX Limited (Not Running) $1500/B.O.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Sea Doo GTX Limited (Not Running) $1500/B.O.

To make a long story short, the original engine in this sled broke a piston rod in 2002, I replaced that engine with a rebuilt SBT 951, had the carbs rebuilt, and installed PROK Flame Arrestors in the winter of 2002-2003. We never had enough time to really use the ski within the 1 year period, so it now has only about 13 hours since the SBT engine was installed. Well that engine just blew a head gasket, or possibly the crank seal. It ran well for the 20 hours with the new engine, but now it just turns over on the starter but never catches, and it looks like the fuel/oil mixture is coming out of the block somewhere, as there are drops of it on the magneto cover and front engine mount.

Basically, I don't have the time, patience, or willpower to mess around with this thing anymore. Other than the engine issue, it is in fantastic condition. It has been garaged its entire life. It comes with a trailer which is in great shape, but needs to be rewired to pass inspection and have working lights. That's why we're asking $1500/B.O. which is well below what a working machine would go for. We expect someone who is mechanically inclined to want this, as it is one of the fastest sleds ever built when working correctly (64-65 mph top end on GPS). Someone might even be able to work out a deal with SBT since their rebuilt engine blew a main seal after only 13 hours of use.

We're basically looking to get rid of this as easily as possible. Therefore, we will NOT SHIP the ski anywhere, and will not deliver it outside of the Washington, DC Metro area. The ski is located in Annapolis, MD and can be viewed either late in the evening or on weekends. I would have pictures, but i forgot to take some this weekend, but will have some by next weekend.

Please contact me via private message if interested.
    Last edited by tommyadrian5; 06-30-2004, 09:04 AM. Reason: Title Change
    98 GTX Ltd, 95 XP, 99 Mastercraft

Re: 1998 Sea Doo GTX Limited (Not Running) $1500/B.O.

".... as it is one of the fastest sleds ever built when working correctly (65-70 mph top end on GPS). "

I think you need a new GPS...LOL.
    I wish it were closer, I would buy it.

Comment

Great post, very helpful, well done, *******.

Comment

Ease up on the cussing there sport...
        I'm serious...if it were closer I would buy it.
        I have a 98 GTXL and it's a great machine, but it won't do 65-70, nor will any other GTXL, unless it is HIGHLY modified.

John

Comment

Lose some weight, it can do it pretty easily actually.

Comment

That ski did 61-62 stock on flat water. Exactly what mods do you have installed to add 8 MPH? This site's classified aren't going to turn into Ebay, with everyone's ski doing 10 over actual.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

prok, rejet, impeller, scoop grate

Comment

Then you are doing 64 tops.

Comment

Ok, i edited it.

Jwood, I doubt you'd feel that 1 mph anyways. Might want to get your sled checked out if you aren't getting that speed out of it.

Comment

Great way to sell a ski, is to act like a jerk when a guy tells you, you are off on speed. Good luck with that.

Comment

Yeah, I guess he missed the "LOL" in my post as well.
                      I wasn't trying to flame or anything.

BTW, my ski runs like a champ...6950 @ 60-61 all day. 135 hrs bone stock.
                      (right where it should be).

John

Comment

i'm not really selling this, i'm pretty much giving it away, hence the "Best Offer", so i don't really think i'll have much trouble getting rid of it, but again, thanks chad, you are obviously an A#1 contributor to this board given your 8 post count

someone could buy this from me, i'd take $1000, replace the engine, again, for $1000, and have a killer sled for much less than the $4500 these things seem to be going for used on ebay and pwctoday.com

i'd replace it myself, but

1) I don't have the time or patience
                        2) I'm leaving the country in a month for 1 year, and really don't feel like keeping this thing around.

Comment

If I was closer, you'd have the cash in hand!

Comment

That's what i'm talking about. It doesn't even need a new engine, just someone who knows what they're doing and doesn't mind putting a few hours into it.

Comment

can you email me some pictures of the ski.

thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X