95 SPI Temperature Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 SPI Temperature Sensor

Hi. I broke off the temp sensor that sits between the spark plugs. I have it removed now. Yes, it should easily go in even by hand as I now realize. My questions are as follows:

Note: I have an oil block off plate installed on the 587 Rotax.

Where might I obtain one as several places have these on back order with no expected delivery?

What exactly does this item due in reference to the ski?

Will running it without until I locate one hurt it?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Joshua Cole
    In this life if you are in search of happiness it will surely elude you, if you focus on the needs of others, family, and God happiness will find you.

Re: 95 SPI Temperature Sensor

Joshua,
    What has a temp sensor got to do with needing a block off plate?

You could make one in about 20 minutes.....
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

You are exactly correct that it has nothing to do with needing an oil block off plate because I do not. Closely re-reading the post one will notice that I am needing a temp sensor as it was broken off. I only noted that an oil block off plate was installed as some motorcycle engines dump oil when reaching a specific temperature.

I feel much better as I am not the only person that these items seem confusing too at times.

Now, can anyone advise what function the temp sensor actually carries out?

Can the ski be ran without the sensor without causing harm?

Where may I obtain a temp sensor? All locations I have found have them on back order with no release date.

Assistance in better understanding this and gaining insight would be appreciated.

Cordially,
      Joshua Cole
      In this life if you are in search of happiness it will surely elude you, if you focus on the needs of others, family, and God happiness will find you.

Comment

The temp sensor measures the water tempature in the head cover and sends a signal to the buzzer when it reaches 207 degrees.
        It does nothing else. It does not interface with the ignition in any way on your model Sea Doo.
        You can purchase a new sender from Sea Doo parts depts or online at any of the many OEM parts depts that advertise online, like www.parkeryamaha.com

Should you ride the ski without it, it will make no difference except if you overheat your motor and not know it, then you will be buying a new motor.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks. I will try Parker Yamaha. I also appreciate know the exact function of the sensor.

Cordially,
          Joshua Cole

Comment

Working...
          X