Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 SP RV clearance procedure?

saw this in here re: measuring the rotary valve clearance:

Separate your intake manifold from the rotary valve cover. Install the cover without the o-ring in place. Measure the clearance between the valve and cover with a feeler gauge. It needs to be between 0.010" - 0.014". If it is damaged or out of spec it needs to be remachined.

This isn't totally clear to me yet, have the cover pulled (some scratches, see pics at http://www.tworock.com/mjd/seadoo/IMG_1509.JPG) but am unclear on exactly how to measure? do I leave the disc in there? am I sticking the feeler gauge in thru the pump cover? why leave the o-ring off?

is .010 and .014 the the correct clearance for a 91 580 yellow motor?

thanks in advance, I'd like to get this thing back out on the lake ASAP

mike

Re: 91 SP RV clearance procedure?

Don't bother measuring, that cover is shot.

We remachine them on exchange for $100.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Tech Support,

Thanks for the quick reply - couple of followup questions, actually still wondering exactly what the procedure is for measuring the cover, but:

should i replace the disc too? http://www.tworock.com/mjd/seadoo/IMG_1512.jpg and *_1513.jpg, sorry about the size, but helps to see it up close

what is the turnaround on getting the cover machined? does it need to go to FLA or do you have a shop on the left coast?
      mike

Comment

We need the part number off the cover, we have them ready to ship.

You remove the o-ring and bolt the cover down. Using a feeler gauge, go between the valve and cover. It needs to be between 0.010" - 0.014"

If you can feel any of the grooves on the valve, yes it needs to be replaced. We have them for $35.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X