99 Tigershark 1100 TS-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Tigershark 1100 TS-R

I can buy me a 99 tigershark 1100 TS-R for 500 dollars, but the crank is messed up. Will a 1000 CC engine bolt right in to a 1100 hull or is there a lot of modifications to do? Also is it possible to have the 1100 crankshaft rebuild, the bearings are bad.

And does any one know if this would be a good deal, looking at the price.

For 200 dollars more I can get a double pwc trailer with it.

Id like to know some prices

Thanks,

ThomaS
    I tried to see your point of view, but couldn't get my head that far up my *** !

Re: 99 Tigershark 1100 TS-R

Just know what you are getting into. Tigershark parts are not so cheap anymore and dealers are hard to find. You'll want to/have to do most repair work yourself. I think the 1100 motor is troublesome if I am not mistaken???

Comment

I would not put a 1000 motor in it even though it will work since the 1100 had a lot more power and you would have to have the impeller depitched and the carbs rejeted.

You can rebuild the 1100 engine it just cost's a lot more since there aren't so many around. You have to use a lot of OEM parts unless you are a dealer or have good connections it just isn't worth the money. You should just go get a GP1200 or simalar ski for the same $

If it ends up you don't get it I want a 1100 R project ski to do over the winter if the hull is in good condition and has all the parts. So have them contact me.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Sounds familiar, bought and toredown 99 1100 last night, small end of rod fractured, block and exhaust full of water, "winterized" by someone for prev owner, trying to find crank parts, found OE rod for $100 and brg for $60, Marv at Crank Clinic may have some parts,

you had any luck on crank parts?

Comment

Well ,

I haven't bought it yet, i'm still thinking about it. I just finished rebuilding a 91 Seadoo XP.

My Uncle has it , he took the whole engine apart, the only thing he found bad is the bearings on the crankshaft. I still hav to go by and take a look at it my self. The hull looks like new no scratches or anything.

So i'd like to know as well who can rebuild a 1100 crank shaft?
          I tried to see your point of view, but couldn't get my head that far up my *** !

Comment

Hello Biker, The only people i know of that does a turn-key rebuild on the 1100 crank is rougejets. The only problem is that it is $1000. Another option is to find a 1000 crankshaft and use the wiseco 85mm bore pistons for the 1000 due to the smaller wrist pin. Last but not least you could do a search and find a crank shop that would build it if you bought all the bearings and rods. I am currently building a 1100R for my father-in-law and they are not easy to find parts for so unless you just fell in love with the boat and want it for the novelty I would almost recommend another ski.

Hope this helps
            If Harley Davidson built an airplane - would you fly on it?

Comment

PMC did a 1100 LI engine for me about a year ago with no problem.
              Sorry SBT but you don't do the 1100...

http://www.pmcna.com/
              Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

No problem Dank...but everyone be warned about PMC up front...obviously we're a biased opinion, but do your reasearch on them first...search the other boards and www.deja.com for horror stories!
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                X