Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Vent line...filter?

Hi guys,
    I just have a quick (and probably stupid) question, but I have scanned the service manual several times and cannot find any information about this line or where it goes. on the right side of the engine there is a line that runs to the front of the Hull and out the side(from what I can see). There is a filter connected to it (mine is cracked btw). The line is a clear line and it runs toward the back of the ski. For the life of me I cannot see where this line connects, what its for, or anything. I have doublechecked all of the oil/cooling lines and I believe that they are all attached. I just cant figure out where this line goes. From the other posts on here i guess it might be a battery vent line, but do they have filters on them? The filter looks to be a rather large one, and like I said its cracked and needs replaced, whatever it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Battery Vent line...filter?

Is it a check valve or filter? Does your battery have a line on it?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

My battery is not a sealed battery and does have a line leading out. I cannot see where the hose connects towards the back but it definitely runs toward the front right side of the engine compartment to the hull, and definitely has a large looking filter (possibly 3-4 in long). The doo is a 96 xp. I am at work right now but if you are not sure what it could be I can post a pic when I get home. I looked at the shop manual 4 times. It must be something either not printed to jump out at you or I just overlooked.

Comment

ahh I believe I found it in the book. I think you are right, its a check valve. How can I replace those? it looks cracked pretty bad, and im not sure how it would have gotten like that.

Comment

Dealers can order one for you if you need it, but I'm not sure what line that is. The only line I'm aware of running out hte hull with a check valve is the fuel vent line to the top of the tank - verify both your fuel vent lines are there. Attatch a pic when you get home.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X