Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki zxi 1100 no start

1997 Kawasaki (Kawasuckee) ZXi 1100cc
    rebuilt the engine, carbs and replaced the computer.
    The gauges do not come on when you turn on the anti-theft system.(before and after the new computer)
    And the latest problem is the no start trick it just learned.

You can push button and sometimes here a little click sometimes it will start sometimes it will not . Not most ofthe time where do i need to start tracking this down at . Its runs good when it starts
    <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Re: Kawasaki zxi 1100 no start

I have a 98 that I had same problem.
    My ski would run sometimes and hit a small wave and die right there
    I traced it to the wire harness inside the computer/ignition box( where the fuses go) There was a 6? pin molex plug UNDER the fuse block that had two pins that were rounded out and loose. Because it would be very tough to replace the molex (short wire length) I was able to close the female pin a bit with a small nail and flare out the male pin with an eyeglass screwdriver by putting it the small slot in the side of the pin and twisting it out very sligtly.
    Look for any burnt or discolored plastic by the pins, that will be the bad one
    Also had a similar problem this year. Of course thought was same...... after much inspection found that it was the neutral connection on the battery!!! every time I hit the starter it would break the little bit of connection there was and the whole ski went dead. DUH-H-H (also check for corrosion)
    good luck!!

Comment

thanks man
      <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

I had the same problem with my 1100. The only ground between the stator and electrical box is a 12 ga wire from stator. If this wire (or it's connections) become disrupted you lose your ground. You can either look for the break/bad connection (lot of work), or just run a ground wire from electrical box to the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi Kid
          I had the same problem with my 1100. The only ground between the stator and electrical box is a 12 ga wire from stator. If this wire (or it's connections) become disrupted you lose your ground. You can either look for the break/bad connection (lot of work), or just run a ground wire from electrical box to the engine.

Can you give me more details where you ran the 12 gauge wire from? I am having the same problem, no ignition lights. battery is good. I can't track down the problem.
          Mr. Bill

Comment

I ran the wire from one of the screws on the electrical box to on of the head bolts. Solve the problem!

Comment

Working...
            X