This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the Honda's rank?

Quick questions, do they run off 87 octane or 89 octane, how do they handle rough water, and what is their top end speed with and without the turbo(f-12 and f-12x). I am trying to compare it with the Sea-Doo and the yamaha. I spoke with a local mechanic and he told me he would go with the yama. The problem is I have never like yama but I will if they are a good boat. Really like the honda ground toys and was wondering if the water toys were as good as there land brethern. Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by brmurray; 07-07-2004, 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: How do the Honda's rank?

The F-12 top speed by rader is 55mph. The top speed for the F-12X is 62mph by rader. I don't hear to many good things about the Honda's. When they first came out, the gas wolud stick at full. A BIG re-call and stop in sales was done till it was fixed. Also, the seal arround the engin hood was not sealing all the way and if you left your boat in the water and it rained, your ski mite senk. The turbo is in the lowst part of the boat. The vanes are faceing down and if theres water in the hull when that turbo opens, water right into the intake. There computer for that boat is also at the lowst point on the boat..( Why? I don't know?) Last, I have head that first and second year ski's, the jet pump bearings would go bad. For 2004, I don't know what Honda has fixed? I would stick with Yam or Kaw. Hope this helps...
    JB

Comment

One last thing 87 octan for the F-12 and 93 octan for the F-12X. ( Turbo )
      JB

Comment

the only thing you said that is accurate is the octane and the recall for the maint joint.

i have 2 honda turbos f12x,1 with 150 hrs and 1 with 92 hrs both are 2002 models...the turbo does not suck up water(the stock air box setup is awesome) the hood seals don't leak and the bearings have not gone out?????all they do is keep on running and running..i wish some people would type what they have actually knew not what you think you know...

so far they have been typical honda's,not the fastest or flashiest but very reliable,heck i am headed out on a 5 day 750 mile trip on monday with mine....

they handle rough water very similar to a kawasaki,they do offer a wetter ride than most 3 seaters but its not to bad,until it gets cold..

as far as top speed i have only seen 60.2 1 time on my gps on my ski..

if you go to pwctoday.com they have a honda section that has alot of great info..

don't forget to include the kawasaki stx15f in your comparison,it is a nice ride too...
        2002 honda f12x (mine)<br />2002 honda f12x (hers)<br />2004 chevy siverado H/D duramax/allison<br /><br />see pics here of all my toys and activities..<br /><a href="http://community.webshots.com/user/ctoolman28y9" target="_blank">http://community.webshots.com/user/ctoolman28y9</a>

Comment

Lets get one thing strate, everything I said is ture. I don't know how long you have been riding PWC???? I've been riding going on 7 years and in that time I have talked to alot of people. That inclues people who own Honda's, so with that in mind this is what they tell me. I'm not saying Kawasaki is better than honda or anyone. If you want to know who I have a bone with ( if anyone ) its sea-doo, but I'm not going to say, " sea-doo sucks, don't buy it, stay away from sea-doo ect." If you want to know why I don't like Sea-Doo or Honda I will tell. ( Sea-Doo over bores there motor and Honda is to new to PWC. ) That is why I went with Kawasaki. ( 30 years PWC, Honda 3 going on 4 years) If people want to know about a craft that I have insights on, I will tell them what I know and heard. Just because your crafts are running great, dose'nt mean everyone of them are and on that note, thats great your skis are running fine, but have you ever thought maybe down in Florda they are having problems. I don't want this to be a going back and forth deal, so I'm going to end on a good note. Nice pics on web shots. I liked what you did with your trailer. The honda's have some weight to them and that trailer looks like it rides nice and smooth on long trips. Anyway, keep on riding and be safe.
          JB

Comment

Honda is one of the more reliable skies i have had experience with so far...like other may have said already..may not be the fastest or prettiest, but the reliability is there for sure. Im not one to be bias...tha yamaha skies are very nice also, would definantly be the 2nd pic for me hands down.

Foe Honda-
            Once the market opens up with aftermarket goodies...we will se a boom in performance mods...will be like the car industry...honda tuning is one of the best in the industry. I expect to see the "tuner junkies" get one of these turbo engines and perform some pretty impressive mods.

Comment

( Sea-Doo over bores there motor )

ill take my over borred rxp anyday !! and on them same days ill walk away from any kawslowski or that turbo junk !! . I know 2 people now on the river that have sold there 04 turbos slop for supercharged seadoos ... the base line gtx can keep up with the turboed hondas ... the rxp ..lmao the hondas are wayyyyyyy behind
              #*@* ME IF IM WRONG ... BUT HAVENT WE MET BEFORE?

Comment

everything that SX said is truth all the recalls and the computers and turbo in the lowest part of the skis...Kawi and Yam is ur best bet with jet skis
                SeaDoo GSX Limted 1998

Seadoo XP 1996

Seadoo XP 1994 Twin Carb

Comment

Funny thing about the Honda is WE NEVER SEE THEM IN THE SHOP. Not here or at the HONDA dealership. This says alot to me.

The service manager at the local dealership tells me that of the 4 brands of watercraft they typically work on, only a tiny percent of the Hondas ever needed any repairs in the 3+ years they have been selling them.

Take that for what it is worth. But that tells me they must be pretty good and reliable watercraft.

One of our friends has a house on the river with a dock. He owns Yamaha's, Sea Doo's and two Hondas. He tells me that 90% of the time, he and his wife ride the Hondas.

They are not his fastest or prettiest skis, but he loves the reliability, smooth running motors, and decent fuel milage.

To each his own. The best ski is the one you are riding.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

LOL Bill, All we need now is someone with a TigerShark to say it is the best

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time someone told me his TS was the best on the water!

Like I said, to each his own.
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I have personally demo'd the Honda's. Even in stock form they are a fun ride. Speed wasn't quite up there yet, but the ski performed flawlessly for a demo. I would recommend one to anyone that wants a good, stable ride. Low maintenace and lots of hours on the water... can't beat it!
                        Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

bought a R12X two months ago to replace a kawi STX1100R.
                          out of the hole the honda lacks a bit...IN EVERY OTHER AREA THE HONDA ROCKS!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
                          I ride offshore and like to jump waves.....Honda has the STX hull stability, the mileage of an economy car, top end of 67, good center of gravity for jumping, nice looks, and handles like a sports car even in the chop!:)

Comment

I’m petty sure I know more than Most when it comes to the Honda Skis. They are made 25 miles from my work and I know a few engineers on the HW1 (F12) and HW3 (R12) projects.

First off, they are very reliable, The turbo is NOT the lowest part of the ski (see pix,its about mid way up) the ecu is not the lowest part of the ski either. Its near the top on the R12 and mid way on the hull on the F12. There was NO recall on failing hoods seals (the ski will NOT sink even if you fill it up completly with water, there is too much floatation) and the throttle was updated 3 month’s after release to add a grease port.

I make a Kit that raises the HP on the Honda from 165 stock to 208 hp (dyno proven) and there are quite a few around the country that are running fine. Point being, Honda did not push the 1230 cc motor to the limit. It should last a long time.

The top speed of the stock ski is (GPS) 59-60 F12x and 62-63 R12x

All my info is verified, as I’ve been involved with both the HW1 and HW3 skis since they were released to the public. not trying to make this a flame feast, just getting the FACTs straight..

Want more info, email me.

Shawn
                            SgRacing@bellsouth.net

If i got to understand, Please don't bother to explain<br /><br /><a href="http://www.garrigans.com/topfuel/" target="_blank"></a>

Comment

Kinda reminds ya of a Hemi..huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X