1200 non-PV CDI Testing possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1200 non-PV CDI Testing possible?

Is it possible to bench test the CDI unit or the entire CDI, pulse coil, stator, rectifirer setup taken off the jetski?

The lead tech at my dealer told me that the ohm test in the service manual for the CDI was a waste of time and that they could take a new unit out of inventory and it would test bad but would work OK when installed.

I am also concerned about a post on another thread that said that a bad CDI unit can "blow out" the the stator. How is this possible? Would something less than a dead short in the CDI unit dor this?

Used CDI Units are pretty cheap compared to the $300 new price but I hate the idead that I can buy someone's problem and do more damage by installing the used part. Any reason to worry about this?

Re: 1200 non-PV CDI Testing possible?

Ive tried testing CDIs with no luck and have heard that the only real test is to switch modules to try and remedy the prodlem.
    I still have CDI that I tested.
    I could not get any good readings from it but I found problems with Plug wires andpulser coils put back CDI and worked great.
    I have just removed CDI and installed MSD Total loss and Factory triple pipe I will sell CDI for $180 + shipping.
    SCOTT...
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X