Problem with 2003 GTX SC oil message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 2003 GTX SC oil message

I have recently had a problem where the check engine light goes on and I hear a long audible beep. the display read "oil" and It appears the mode was locked into low perf. mode. could not get more the 5000 rpm's and 40MPH was max I could get. I thought it was the sensor issue that was mentioned as a known problem so I took it to the dealer and they swapped out the sensor. I then took it back to the lake and about an hour into my riding the same exact problem happened again. Took it back to the dealer and they ran it through the computer and lake tested it for about 1/2 hour and indicated no codes and the Ski ran Fine. What should I do know? I know with my luck I will get it back from the dealer and run it and have the same problem appear. They currently have my ski still I would like to know what to tell them before I pick it up. Should I insist on more lake time or is there something else that could be a problem? Please advise need help!!! Thanks
    theduke1997

Re: Problem with 2003 GTX SC oil message

The oil message and the 5000 rpm limp home mode indicate a problem with the oil tank pressure. It can be caused by several things but the sensor is a big problem. It thinks it has too much pressure in the crankcase. Too much oil can cause it also. The proper way to check the oil is with the engine warm, run it for 30 seconds, stop it and let it sit for 30 sec and check it. That lets the oil drain to the tank. If you get the message and stop and remove the red cap and get a bit of air out of it the breather system may have a problem. The blowby valve can be a problem also.

BTW if you have a real oil pressure problem you'll get the oil message and it will go to the 2500 rpm limp home mode.
    Dick Bell
    http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

Re: Problem with 2003 GTX SC oil message

I checked the oil and it appears to be between the low and high bend which should be good. I let the dealer have it for the weekend to see if they can duplicate the problem. If they cannot I will try your advise. I did not continue to run the ski after I received the error since I wanted to make sure I did not cause any problems but unless it locks into the 2500 mode I should be ok right? offcourse it may as well be 2500 when it locks at 5000 because that is no fun either. I just want to get by this issue. Since they swapped the sensor I would think I would of been ok for a while atleast but that is my luck! letting out some air might help I might mention that to the dealer also.
      theduke1997

Comment

Working...
      X