'95 SLT 750 Impeller replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 SLT 750 Impeller replacement

Well a piece of the leading edge of my impeller almost the size of a business card got spit out the back of my boat Saturday afternoon.

What does the wisdom of the group have to say about impeller replacement? What else should I check/replace while I'm at it? Don't hold back I want to know everything, including whether I should install a 4* wedge while I'm at it.

BTW, I just installed an OP ride plate and I LIKE it. :)

TIA for your comments and advice.
    Zipper<br />'95 Polaris SLT 750<br />Rockmart, GA

Re: '95 SLT 750 Impeller replacement

The 4 degree wedge would help you top speed especially on the SLT cause it has no trim adjustment. And as for your prop I would recomend a Skat-trak swirl for your best all around performance

Comment

Re: '95 SLT 750 Impeller replacement

Originally posted by SUCKMYWAKE
      The 4 degree wedge would help your top speed especially on the SLT cause it has no trim adjustment. And as for your prop I would recomend a Skat-trak swirl for your best all around performance
      Thanks for the recommendations. It turned out that my stator wasn't in very good shape in addition to the hosed impeller. :( While I'm in there I'm going to replace the impeller (with a Skat-trak), impeller spacer, stator, seals, bearings and o-rings. That should put the entire pump in top shape mechanically. I'm also going to add the 4* wedge to get that extra top end. Top speed right (20 minutes) before the impeller failure was 46.2 mph according to my gps. If I crack 50 mph after the repairs I'll be very happy. :D I know that just renewing the stator and impeller is going to give me some improvement for sure.

Thanks again,
      Zipper<br />'95 Polaris SLT 750<br />Rockmart, GA

Comment

Working...
      X