95 Sea Doo XP, Starts out of water, wont start in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 95 Sea Doo XP, Starts out of water, wont start in the water

After my buddy rebuilt the engine all is fine.. The engine has now run fine for 4 years.. I have had other issues but Bill and other people at SBT forum have helped immensely.

Another thing I learned is that my Sea Doo slowly drains the battery ever so slightly and the battery needs to register 12.05 circa to start in the water...

I use trickle charger and charge up the battery before I go out, and then the sea doo will start in the water. At one point I thought something was wrong with the motor again, but all it was is that the Battery if left in Sea Doo for 4-5 days will just be low enough that it will start fine on the Trailer but with resistance from the water would not start in water.

I check the battery and ensure it is 12.22 to 12.26 before I go out.l.. Also when I come back in from the water again to check the electically, normally it goes up just every so slightly from when I launched, so the electrical charging type alternator system is working great.

I am nost sure if this is true of all sea doos, but for me it is a great pre-check before I hit the water to esnure it will start up and purr like a kitten..

Cheers,
    Nigel

Comment

Re: I have a 98 GTI with the same problem

I have a 98 GTI with the same problem, the compression on both cylinders is 125 psi have rebuilt the carb once before last year. Mine ran good up intill was ran out of gas and when new gas was added would not run unless the switch was on reserve. Whats up. Any help for me.

Thanks The New Guy.

Comment

Re: I have a 98 GTI with the same problem

Your main suction tube is clogged from debris in the bottom of the tank. Remove the baffle/fuel sending unit and clean.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

After I get the carb right that was going to be the next project, I took the return line off and applied air to it, I ran the supply to a clean can and did get some trash out. should I go ahead and pull the tank ( it's a bitch) also.

Thanks,

Sea_Doo's Rock.

Comment

Pulling the tank isn't that tough... it's easier to just remove the baffle and use a coat hanger with a microfiber cloth and mop the tank though.
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks will try that tomarrow.

Thanks.

Sea_Doo's Rock

Comment

if possable do a voltage lost test from battery to starter if good sounds like starter is getting weak it cant turn the eng over under a load.
                Also inspect the jet pump. but make sure the problem is not the eng by a compression check if have to remove jet pump to see if eng turns over better if it does u could have a bearring bad in jet pump.

Comment

Thanks river, Compression was good 125 psi, battery was bad, got a new one, working on carb , had a lott of trash in tank think some made it to carb.

Thanks

Sae_Doo's Rock

Comment

Working...
                  X