Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Temp/Low Oil Warning

1998 Seadoo GTX.
    Proper ohms from oil sensor..1.6, open circuit is indication for low oil.
    Proper open circuit from temp sensor, closed circuit indicates high temp.
    Changed gauge with a new one, same problem.
    Changed mpem with a working unit from another unit, same problem.
    By unplugging the compass and fuel tank sending unit, the problem goes away and I get proper readings from temp and oil when induced.
    If compass is plugged in, Hi-temp/low oil warning is generated.
    Changed compass with a known good unit, problem is still generated
    If fuel sending unit is plugged in, Hi-temp/low oil warning is generated.
    Changed fuel sending unit with a known good unit, problem is still generated.
    Anyone have any suggestions, Seadoo dealer tech support while helpful, has not been able to solve the problem.
    Dave T.
    David B. Thomas<br />Blew-By-You PWC Services<br />93-A Pine Burr Rd<br />Lumberton, MS 39455

Re: Hi-Temp/Low Oil Warning

Follow-up
    There were two actual failures, one being the compass and the other being the gauge. When I changed out the gauge with a new one and got the same readings, it was assumed the old gauge was functioning properly and was re-installed. All components that were isolated was done using the old gauge.
    New gauge re-installed with the compass unplugged resulted in everything working properly.
    Hopefully this will help someone from killing a bunch of hours.
    David B. Thomas<br />Blew-By-You PWC Services<br />93-A Pine Burr Rd<br />Lumberton, MS 39455

Comment

Re: Hi-Temp/Low Oil Warning

I have a 1998 GTX RFI I was jumping waves and this same problem happened to me. How do I troubleshoot and or fix the problem. I know everthing is ok with the TEMP and OIL. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X