Questions about '97 1100 stx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about '97 1100 stx

I have just recently purchased this ski used with 72 hours on it, and I have a few questions. This ski had a primer kit installed on it so it starts right up( thank goodness ). However it is very slugish in acceleration. it seems to accelerate quicker when I toggle the accelerator. Also it will only hit a speed of 42 mph on smooth fresh water. once it hits that speed it will begin to lose speed, if I hold the gas down all the way, to about 33 mph. If I begin to play (toggle) the accelerator it will then shoot back up to 42-43 mph and 5 seconds later it will drop down again. I can hear the engine rpm go up and down accordingly. Does anyone have an answer or any advice for this problem. Also is there any way to tell the engine rpm on a 1997 kawasaki 1100 stx. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Re: Questions about '97 1100 stx

Get the fuel system check ASAP... before you burn up the engine.

It sounds like it may be fuel restriction or cloged carbs.

Not to be hard on you but this is something I learned over the years...
    For every minute you ride it when there is something not right you just added another $100 to the repair bill. If it's not right don't ride it until it is fixed it won't fix itself.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Re: Questions about '97 1100 stx

Thanks I have made an appt for this weekend to bring it into the local Kawasaki shop. However if you have any advice on the rpm reading please respond.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X