Slow rise in RPM?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow rise in RPM?????

Just wondering what it means if the RPM starts to raise slowly to Max RPM. I change my main jet from a 120 -125 and the mid to 90% throttle response was awesome with qa rapid increase in RPM, it wasn't till about 90% throttle that the RPM then started to go up slowely to its max RPM. I would say from 5500-7050 RPM the ski ripped then from 7050-7200 it just rose slowly , and when it did get to MAX RPM it stayed there going up/down maybe 10-20 RPM if that. Could this lag in rise of RPM be due to being slightly lean or maybe rich????? Which would be better to do, first start by richening the highs or going to the next up 127.5????
    Any advise would be great
    Thanks cHris
    Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

Re: Slow rise in RPM?????

You can go a maximum of 2.5 turns out on the adjusters. Where are yours?

A slow rise would usually mean that you are kinda lean at full throttle and could get some more rpm by fattening the mixture, but if fattening the mixture does not yeild more rpm, then it would probably be rich, and/or you need to step down your impellor a notch.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks Bill
      I am 1 turn out now, so would it be easier for now to turn it out to 2.5 and see what happens with the RPMs or should I go up to a 127.5 from a 125. I am currnetly running a XO prop (IMpros bought) with 85/88 nozzles, how is this prop for this ski????
      Thanks Chris
      Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

Comment

You should only open them enough to make the motor too rich and start losing rpm. You could be close now. I cannot tell you how far you must go, nor if you need a larger jet until you go try it out. Afterall, I'm 3000 miles West of you !

An XO is perfect for a lighter X-4 XP or SPX hull, but a GTX might need slightly less pitch.

A spec2 setup differs slightly when used in a GTX..... One thing I do know is an overpropped motor will have slowly rising rpm at WOT and can eat pistons from the heat buildup when it overloads the motor.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

HeY Bill, Thanks for the info, I don't have a GTX though its a GSX
          Thanks cHris

Comment

Working...
          X