gp1200 hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gp1200 hesitation

on a 97 gp1200 after sitting at idle for a while, if i punch open the throttle it hesitates for a second, then revs up and goes. does this mean the mixture is too lean? if so should i adjust the high speed, low speed, or both screws?

Re: gp1200 hesitation

Turn your low speed screws out 1/4 turn and see if it improves.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

look down the carbs while it's idling. Is there fuel dribbling down to the throttle blades?
      J-me
      05 Bayliner 175
      98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

Comment

Per someone's advice at sbt I went with 2.3 ns 95g springs 100 pilots 135 mains. It runs WAY better. However, the missing problem still exists. Tried all kinds of low speed settings to no avail. It seems to like 1 turn out the best. This problem was also happening before I rebuilt the carbs. I changed my fuel filter out. Is it possible it could be something to do with the driveline, (pump etc) after I've gotten on a plane and it's happened once, I can punch the throttle and accelerate no problem. I don't see any fuel dribbling down inside the carbs. Thanks alot for the help
        Last edited by 2stroker1200; 10-22-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

here's a short video I made, it happens right at 0:04 when I go from 1/4 throttle to 100%

Comment

Working...
          X