98 GTX Limited Neoprene seal between jet pump and support plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 GTX Limited Neoprene seal between jet pump and support plate

When I pulled the pump there was no sign of a neoprene seal between the pump and the pump support plate. The wear ring spun in the pump and wore into the support plate. I thought the spinning wear ring destroyed the neoprene seal. My Sea Doo shop manual shows a neoprene seal between the pump and the pump suport for the GTX Limited. The parts breakdown does not show a seal or sealant. My Sea Doo dealer said his parts book did not show a seal. He said they come without a seal from the factory and if they start to leak they run a bead of RTV between the pump and support plate. Can anybody tell me what should be used for the seal, or what they found when they took theirs apart.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Re: 98 GTX Limited Neoprene seal between jet pump and support plate

There should be one. pn 293-200-050
    Dick Bell
    http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

The 1998 pump differs from the 1999 and later pumps. The later model pumps have a slight recess for a rubber pump seal that slips onto the pump and seats the pump to the pump support plate. The 1998's don't have the recess and that makes the rubber seal too large in diameter to properly fit into the support plate.

We commonly use "The Right Stuff" or "Ultra Black" sealant as a bead on the pump supprort plate/wear ring mating surface on 1998 models.
      Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Thanks so much for the help. I bought a tube of the "right stuff" and the ski is back in the water.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X