RX water damaged 951 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX water damaged 951 motor

My 2001 RX ingested water through the carb and trashed the rear cylinder. I removed the engine and plan to order a SBT short block for install. I would like to know if there is any recommendations to prevent this from happening again. I also will need to replace at least one of the reed valves as it is trashed too. I am considering some "light" modifications to this ski and would like some suggestions on how to improve low end response and maybe get a little more top end without breaking the bank. I am a big fan of reliability and do not want to compromise this by getting out of hand with mods. This would seem like a good time to kick it up a notch since the engine is out of the boat.

Re: RX water damaged 951 motor

www.watercraftmagic.com can set you up with flame arrestors, a carb rejet kit and outerwears to keep the water out - and take your mods anywhere your wallet can carry you.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Since my wallet will be a lot smaller after the engine replacement do you have any specific recommendations for "light" mods that have worked in the past? I saw the Delta VFORCE reeds at WCM, what about the reed spacers? are they worth it? I have limited experience with 2 strokers so any help you could offer would be appreciated. Carb rejetting scares me unless this is a strict swap out. I have seen to many engines run lean and stick due to improper jetting. I DO NOT want to let the smoke out of your motor when I get it so HELP.

Comment

Reed spacers won't do a thing for your motor. But a rejet kit will. BTW, our rejet kit and filters does not lean out your motor one bit. It actually runs richer with our kit.
        Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
        X