Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing flywheel ts 640

hey,
    nice forum. anyways, bought a 95 tigershark Monte carlo 640. the flywheel was sheered or somthin, guy said it was thrown away after a failed welding repair. anyways, i got the ski, tracked down a new used flywheel, thats where i am now, putting somthing together i didnt take apart.. dosent look to hard but im new to jet-ski engines.

my questions:
    can anyone post up a scan or somthin of the page in there manual on replacing the flywheel? i want to make sure all the screws go in the right spots, and if anything needs lube or a new gasket after being removed. this thing sat for a while too. also there a little metal piece that sits in the inner grove of the flywheel and im not sure if its in right.

thanks for any help.

pic of what im workin on:
    Last edited by 448grams; 07-31-2004, 10:55 PM.

Re: replacing flywheel ts 640

the small metal piece is a woodruff key i guess... thats pretty much what i need to know, how it goes on. also how to tighten the flywheel good (it turns)
    Last edited by 448grams; 07-31-2004, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Look under engine install guides for a Kaw 750 it is just about the same engine.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Yes That Piece Is The Flywheel Key. Make Sure It Is In The Crankshaft Groove Good. That Way It Will Not Move When You Slide The Flywheel On The Crank.put No Lube On The Crank Or Flywheel. Make Sure It Is Dry To Insure A Good Tight Fit. Install Nut And Tighten. As Far As It Turning Put A Chain Wrench On The Rear Coupler And Get A Buddy To Hold It While You Torque . Im Not Sure Of The Torque Specs On This Motor But You Can Do Some Research And Find It.
        WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
        X