92 Kawasaki 750 ss flush hose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 92 Kawasaki 750 ss flush hose!

Your killing me! So how does it when the motor is not running!

Comment

Do you not understand that the exhaust has water passages dumping into it? If your engine is not running and your hose is, you are flooding the pipe and then the motor!

This is REALLY simple. NEVER run your hose with the engine off. If you have water getting in the engine while it's running, you have a leak.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Maybe you are reading to many post at a time and i apologize for not making myself clear enough or something like that. But from my first post you will read that when i have it running in the yard on the hose it will flood the engine and when i am at the lake it works fine. I think that if there is a crack i the cooling system that it is in the SB. Not the exhaust! Still makes no sense to why it wont at the lake! I give the #*(&$^ up!

Comment

Are you turning the hose on to full open causing too much pressure....more than the pump makes when in the water? Could this cause water to flood the exhaust and back up to the exhaust ports filling your engine?

Comment

Nope! maybe a 1/4 turn on the hose! I am now thinkingt of a few other things you sent me a install gasket kit in this kit there are two choices for the exhaust one has a circle that cuts off the water jacket and one that has an ovel the allows water to pass! If you look at the kawasaki parts fish it shows the circle that cuts off the pass which makes no sense to me at all. By the way here's the other thought if the motor is not running the water box fills and backs up the pipe to the motor. This still leads me to not knowing why i don't do it at the lake other than a little forward motion!

Comment

Does the water in the water box magically appear when its not running or do you leave the water running after shut down.
              is this what you are doing

"start motor then about 10 seconds later turn on water, run for a few minutes then TURN WATER OFF while engine is still running, give it a few hard quick revs for about 10 to 15 seconds then turn motor off"

you did say you wait for it to start missing then turn it off, thats the puzzeling bit
              be good,
              if you cant be good,
              be carefull
              if you can't be carefull,
              buy a pram

Comment

Yes you can here the water building in the compression chamber. It will start to miss then quit. Then shut off water and pull plugs to find motor full of water. As of now I have ran through 3/4 of the break in gas. There is 125 lbs on each cylinder. (Found bad shrader valve on gauge). I am hoping that the compression will come up when I start the thinner oil mix.

Comment

Working...
                X