92 Kawasaki 750 ss flush hose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Kawasaki 750 ss flush hose!

I have recieved a new motor and am wondering about the procedures for startup on the flush hose. I seem's that no matter what i do hooked to this hose the engine will be flooded! I have completely drained all water and have re-started the motor and everthing is well as long as it is in the lake. I am now scared to use flush hose ever again. I have had all types of skis and this is the first of this problem.

I just wanted to check compression on this unit before i ever started. I wont build on my guages. My guages seem to work fine on everthing else. I have a set of WSM's.

Yes filling engine after started! Will run for a min then full of water!
    Last edited by yz250twisted; 08-02-2004, 09:47 AM. Reason: One More thing!

Re: 92 Kawasaki 750 ss flush hose!

I don't understand your question.

Are you saying you are filling the new engine with water on the flush hose? Are you turning on the water before starting the engine??
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
      I don't understand your question.

Are you saying you are filling the new engine with water on the flush hose? Are you turning on the water before starting the engine??

Yes i will start the motor then turn on the water. Let idle for less than a min. When i here it start to miss. Then turn off and find it full of water!

Comment

[QUOTE=yz250twisted]Yes i will start the motor then turn on the water. Let idle for less than a min. When i here it start to miss. Then turn off and find it full of water![/QUOTE

I would like to all so know how the water is getting into the motor even when it is not running. Is it suking back in to the exhaust side off the compression stroke?

Comment

2 stroke and some 4 stroke PWCs use an open exhaust cooling system. If hte engine is not running, water will fill the pipe and run back into the motor.

If your engine has water in it while flushing and the engine IS running, you have a leak or crack somewhere - it may be in the exhaust pipe, the exhaust manifold, the manifold gasket, the head or the cylinder(s).

What happened to your original motor, and how did you treat the exhaust and manifold gaskets? What did you torque the bolts to?

Comment

2 stroke and some 4 stroke PWCs use an open exhaust cooling system. If hte engine is not running, water will fill the pipe and run back into the motor.

If your engine has water in it while flushing and the engine IS running, you have a leak or crack somewhere - it may be in the exhaust pipe, the exhaust manifold, the manifold gasket, the head or the cylinder(s).

What happened to your original motor, and how did you treat the exhaust and manifold gaskets? What did you torque the bolts to?
            It isa brand new SBT Motor. The torque on the exhause i think is 30 to 40lbs thats all at home right now.

Comment

What caused the failure of your original motor?? Did you treat the exhaust gaskets or install them dry?

Comment

What caused the failure of your original motor?? Did you treat the exhaust gaskets or install them dry?
                The fail on the first motor was a crank bearing seizure. I treated gaskets with the spray on cooper form a gasket.

Comment

The failed bearing is the effect, not the cause. Did you get it diagnosed anywhere? Bearings fail from extreme age, water ingestion, lack of oil, overheating etc. It's very possible you have another issue with your ski.

You need to now call in to Julie to get the new engine swapped, it's already damaged from the water. Go through your exhaust system to make sure you don't have any leaks. The returning warranty motor will be re-pressure checked to make sure it has no leaks. 877 330 0231

Comment

I am wondering a few things here before i go through all that! As i asked before why the wont the compression tester read on this unit! Why do you say the motor is shot! It is running fine on the lake! There are no leaks from the exhaust on the outside of the parts! The old motor had exstensive time on it!

Comment

If it runs fine, your gauge, the adaptor or testing methods are wrong, that's all I can suggest as far as compression. Without better detail I don't know what you are doing wrong. Water damages the bearings. If you had water in the engine, it's damaged. It may not fail immediately but will fail due to the damage.

Comment

Ok so now you have me racking my brain here as to what might possiably might be wrong! You have me thinking about the exhaust! If you can fill the motor by the exhaust side (IE water pumping back in to the cyclinders) What does a crack in the exhaust have to do with it? If there was one!

Comment

The exhaust pipe and manifold oare surrounded by water jackets. If there is an internal crack, water can spray from the jackets into the main section, sometimes into the engine.

Comment

Yes i understand that! Where does the exhaust gas and water mix? Manifold? Nuckle, in my opion this is the same way the you flood a engine when it is not running. Please tell me if i am wrong because i will be disasembling everthing trying to figure out what's going wrong. As for the first motor the oil injection was the problem. I purchased the oil block off plate to remidy that prob.

Comment

The water is only supposed to spray at the end of the pipe. If the system is not damaged, it's not possible for this water to make it's way back into the engine - something has to be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X