1997 1100 Triple WaveVenture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 1100 Triple WaveVenture

I just finished rebuilding my engine with the new crank you guys sent me aas i started to crank it i noticed that it was crankinhg slower as if the motor was weak or worn out but it was still cranking just slower then usual after a few minutes of cranking it just stoped cranking totally the battery is fine and the motor only has 10 hours on it from before i even rebuilt the engine what do i do and what is a good break in procedure for this engine now?
    Greg

Re: 1997 1100 Triple WaveVenture

Check the ground wire both the wire and the mounting point.
    If that good check the starter. last you dont break in a engine simply by turning. You did properly lube the crank, piston pins, bearings, rings and the cylinders during build up right?

Comment

Yes i lubed them up pretty good how do i break it in then and also let me know what i should do when i re-lube it?
      Greg

Comment

Also how do i prime it ? do i pour gas into carbs or do i pour in the the cylinder case what do i do on that as well?
        Greg

Comment

you can squirt a little gas in the carbs with a syringe. Just do'nt use too much. You can also cover the top of the carbs to block the airflow as you crank, this may help to draw gas into the lines.
          Better yet, get a primer kit.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

Comment

Like torquenut said check your ground also your battery conections.
            Test your battery for voltage it should read around 12-13 volts.
            Test voltage next while cranking to see how much it drops.
            You could have a bad starter.
            If you have already replaced starter when you rebuilt your engine then your ground wire may be in contact with painted surface on mounting area.
            If you have installed a Goki high torque starter junk it and get a good starter.
            If you are still able to crank engine your rellay should still be good.
            If you crank engine for too long the inside of the relay will melt and stop working.
            It does sound electrical and probably not internal.
            A lot of people think there battery is good when it is not.
            Try jumping it from your car battery with car not running.
            Both are 12 volts just make sure your car is not running and battery is conected to the negative terminal on car battery and to a good ground on the 1100 preferably direct to starter and that the possitive terminal on the car battery is connected to the positive terminal on the starter in the 1100.
            You could conect battery to battery but there is that risk of explosion and direct to the starter eliminates all wiring in between.
            If 1100 wont turn over properly now then its the starter or something inside the flywheel cover or engine.
            The 3 most likely are.
            Battery
            Starter
            Connections
            SCOTT...

Comment

thank you all for your advice it turns out it was the battery everythign is working great i have one question though if it ins't the cheak valve what else could the fuel filter to empty out like that if it is nothing else just say nothing but if you ahve any other advice on it i would greatly apreciate it..

P.S. I still haven't tried the check valve yet but i have tested it it does still work but i notice that the small line between the cheack valve and the gas tank was very lose and i am gonna replace both sides on the lines so i get a tighter fit let me know if there is anythign else thanks again.
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X