94 750 Super Sport XI Exhaust Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 750 Super Sport XI Exhaust Leak

Any suggestion on Exhaust Leak Problem. I can't seem to stop the leak at the muffler on top of the engine I replace the GASKET, EXHAUST MANIFOLD, the Rubber Tube and it still leaking slowly, is there any solution to this problem? any help will be appreciated.

Re: 94 750 Super Sport XI Exhaust Leak

Take the pipe and manifold to a machine shop and have the surfaces lapped.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What’s a surface lapped? Is there a machine shop in the area you recommend?

Comment

You can also try a product called Marine Tex. It is a two part epoxy that is similar, but WAY, WAY better than JB Weld. I have filled stipped out threads in aluminum block, drilled, and re-tapped: They are still holding after three years-- so I highly reccomend the stuff. Although I am personally boycotting them, (they support those bastards at the BWN) I know West Marine carries it. Any other marina should too. Apply and sand down. Alot cheaper than a machine shop. Rob
        P.s. Where is it leaking exactly? Between the flex joint and the intermidiate pipe? or the flex joint and expansion chamber? Have the exact same ski and may have some spare exhaust parts for sale. Have to check my storage unit first.
        ride it like you stole it

Comment

Working...
        X