1997 Yamaha Wave Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Yamaha Wave Venture

I just rebuilt my 97 Wave venture and i start it up it runs fine for about 30 secs and then it boggs out and stop now i was watching the fuel filter and i noticed that it was drain out to the fuel pump and i saw the fuel flow with liltle air holes ads it was running so i thought it was a leak i went threw the lines tightening everything and making sure there was no leak but after the engine stalls out i notcie the furl filter filling back up to normal and then when i start it again it goes right back down and the it stalls when it gets to low there is no blocks that i am aware of and the fuel pump has only 10 hrs on it so i doubt it is bad what can i do to test the fuel pump ? maybe it just needs to be cleaned? but that where i am now it runs for alittle then stopps so if you guys could help me out i would really apreicate it thank you for you time and advice hope to hear for you guys soon.
    Greg

Re: 1997 Yamaha Wave Venture

check the 1 way check valve, this valve keeps the fuel tank pressurized and fuel filter full of fuel, most likely the problem, also check fuel lines for cracking, as you could be sucking air instead of fuel

Comment

THank you very much for you quick response i will look into it right away thanks again.
      Greg

Comment

thank you all for your advice it turns out it was the battery everythign is working great i have one question though if it ins't the cheak valve what else could the fuel filter to empty out like that if it is nothing else just say nothing but if you ahve any other advice on it i would greatly apreciate it..

P.S. I still haven't tried the check valve yet but i have tested it it does still work but i notice that the small line between the cheack valve and the gas tank was very lose and i am gonna replace both sides on the lines so i get a tighter fit let me know if there is anythign else thanks again.
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X