Exhaust has water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust has water leak

On my 97 Stock Superjet thier is a minor water leak right above the manifold on the stock exhaust pipe.I have no idea how a hole would end up thier.When I flush I can see water coming out a little faster than dripping speed.

Should I ignore this problem since the amount of water is not much?

Whould riding it cause more water to flow out or flushing it with the water hose?

To me flushing it would force more water through the hole because water is being forced through. I could be wrong about that.

Any ideas on how to fix it without spending money at a welding shop?

Re: Exhaust has water leak

Do not run it like that. Your hose is not putting out 50 psi - your cooling system is. It will get worse and you can easily suck up any spray into your motor.

Get it welded - probably around $30.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You could use a jb weld type product but I would listen to the good guys above me. You are probably hanging out in salt water so keep that engine compartment sprayed down with wd40 and flush that ski.

Comment

I found a used pipe here in Corpus Christi, Tx for $45.00.It came off a 99 Superjet. The welder told me thier were other hair line cracks that would probably get worse so I decided to find another used one.It wasn't the salt that caused this problem. When we put the new SBT motor in we used never seeze on the exhaust bolts instead of lock tight. All that banging around when the pipe became loose damaged it.

thanks for the advise

Comment

ADrider, where at in Corpus? I'm out here in Calallen, do you go to the Nueces River or Lake Mathis?

Comment

know of a good seadoo repair place in corpus anyone? someone that won't screw me over??

Comment

Working...
            X