HELP....SEA DOO Won't Start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP....SEA DOO Won't Start...

I have a '95 SEA DOO GTX, I have been riding it fine...no problems for the past 3-4 months...this weekend we took it out...as i was waiting to put the boat trailer in the water to remove the ski's, the ski simply quit running and it won't start anymore.

I cleaned the plugs....verified they are firing

put gas in it....

But other than that, I have no idea what could be the problem. Could someone please help???

Thanks

Jody

Va Beach, Va

Re: HELP....SEA DOO Won't Start...

Please be more descriptive.

Does the engine spin?
    Just click when you try to start?
    Did you try starting with the plugs out?

Assuming the above is all true, check the electrical box
    it might be full of water.

Let us know more

Comment

The shaft turns...it tries starting,....
      no clicking....

I tried starting with plugs out....

where is theelectrical box? Is it the box all the wires coming from the battery go?

Also, I keep hearing all this talk about fuses etc?

Where are the fuses?

I am new to jet ski's as I have only been messing withthem for approx. 3 weeks.

Comment

someone, please reply....

Comment

If you have spark, gasoline and compression in the clyinders, and the ignition and rotary valve timing are correctly set, it will run.

Did you have the ski on the trailer running while you were waiting to launch it? Maybe you overheated it and siezed it ? What is the compression in both clyinders?

Will gasoline flow through the fuel selector valve? Or is it clogged up?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Was it running in deep water or very shallow water? They can suck lots of stuff up from a bottom of a lake...... In shallow water...
            Have a super day!

Comment

Jody,

We cannot help you if you do not tell us what's up ???
              Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

I am unsure if gas is running through the fuel selector valve.

I opened the fuse box and all looks good, the fuses aren't blown...nor is it filled with water...

The fuse box is not corroded.

how do i test the fuel selctor valve to see if gas is running through it? how do i get to it, because I cannot access it very easily. also, is there an in-line fuel filter that may be clogged?

Thanks for your help.

This weekend, I took the air flter off and tried to start the ski by spraying starting fluid directly in the carb...to no luck...It didn't even try to start, which makes me think it is not a gas problem at all.

ok, so to review...

I have spark....My fuses are all working.....battery is good..... I am lost now...no new ideas are coming to me at all.

Comment

Test it by removing the on line from the carb and the gas cap from the gas tank. Set the fuel selector switch to the "ON" position and blow back through the fuel line. Is it clear ? If so, do the same with the switch in the reserve position. Is it clear? If not, replace the switch.

Never use starting fluid. Use pre-mixed gasoline.

If you have spark and compression and the motor won't start pouring fuel down the carbs, then you most likely have stripped the brass gear of the rotary valve shaft which throws the RV timing completely out of whack if it is still turning at all. Or, you have spun the magneto flywheel on the nose of the crankshaft.
                  Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

will try..then post results...

Thanks for your help....

Comment

I’m having a starting issue with my 1993 Bombardier Seadoo it started for 5 mins then died & won’t start now it cranks but won’t run, can anyone help and suggest what the problem can be

Comment

Working...
                      X