Opinions on my ski?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on my ski?

I HAVE A POLARIS SL650 JUST REBUILT THE ENGINE MYSELF.... spent under 900 on the whole ski.. bought it in pieces... are these skiis pretty reliable when the triple pump is installed and the crank welded??? (they seem to be one of the most troublesome skiis out there from viewing the forums) or should I sell it and buy a different ski...

Re: Opinions on my ski?

Sell it if you are looking for a reliable ski.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks... how bout a 97-99 sea-doo GSI??

Comment

Very reliable, one of the most reliable Sea-Doos.

Comment

thanks, I think Im going to part out the old Polaris... Its been fun, but I need somethin new :) Ive liked what Ive heard about the GS/GSI model seadoos as well.

Comment

Sea Doo reliable???? HA!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO... just my 2c.

Comment

I didn't say Sea-Doo in general...we're just talking about the 720 here remember. And relatively speaking, yes a 720 is very reliable - more so than any other Sea-Doo engine and some others.

Comment

any ski is unreliable if you do not take care of it,or work on them when u dont know what u are doing

Comment

Warfare, I see you ride a SL 750... How has that been for you??? Im just trying to get an opinion and from my experience with Polaris, the model ski I have has been more a project than anything, and seems to be for others who own polaris triples too. what would you recommend for a reliable ski??

Comment

I had a 1994 polaris SL750 bought it new had it six years. I NEVER had a big issue with performance etc. I had only one problem the factory reeds wore out and broke therfore I replaced them with carbon fiber boysen. I always ran 93 octance chevron and certified tcw3 oil. I went premix when I changed the reeds. I now have a 1995 SL750 and SLX780. I have completely gone through the 750 and now it runs as if new. I am in the process of going through the 780. A short time ago I was riding my cousins 99XPLimited and it threw a rod and left me stranded in the middle of the channel off of Fort Desoto(Tampa, FL) with lightning on the horizon. This ski is on it's 3rd engine and it seems to never run right. I personally have not worked on it however supposed "sea doo experts" have been through the ski. I have always heard rumbling about the seadoos being a pita to get running consistently. I guess you could say the same about any brand if you talk to different people. I prefer the Polaris models since I am familiar with them and appreciate the simplicity of the design.
                    Last edited by warfare; 08-12-2004, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X