Problems with SLTX1050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with SLTX1050

Well you're entitled to your opinion but it's not one I share - regarding how we treat the forums OR Polaris's quality.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

jh3586...yes, it seems like your stator is good...so the next step is to try my suggestion and change your spark plug caps from the resistor ones that came stock to just plain simple ones (non-resistor type) which you can pick up at any marine dealer or auto store...just make sure you put the new ones on correctly. Let us know how things go.

Tech Support...First, if I decide to change my post(s) that's my business. Secondly, after thinking about it, I didn't really think it's anybody's business in knowing who I am...just thought it might make a point to YOU that I'm not just some Joe Blow from Idaho and that I just might really know something YOU don't...but I forgot that you SBT Tech guys know EVERYTHING! I will say this is not the first time where I have had my posts here bashed by you Tech guys with your know-it-all attitude and condesending remarks...and I doubt that I will be posting anything further here. I thought these posts were for EVERYONE to give their input or share their ideas/experiences...but what's the point if you guys just trash it and have all the answers? Thirdly, I never said or stated in any way, shape or form that my fix to the problem was a formal or even a informal Polaris "factory fix"! So your inference to such a matter was completely unfounded!! Fourthly, I completely AGREE with modking's assesment and comments to the way SBT runs these posts...and he's not the only one I have heard this from either! Maybe you should check out some of the other forums and you will see other comments about this forum. Anybody reading this thread, if you have a Polaris watercraft, I would check out www.go-polaris.net or for ANYONE check out www.pwctoday.com

Good Luck SBT and thanks for all the memories!
      Top End - A great place to be!
      00' SLX
      00' SLH
      98' SLTX

Comment

I bought new spark plug caps, 2 sets, non-resistor and resistor ones. Also i bought new spark plugs just in case, tried both new caps with new plugs, but no help. What next, a good pwc-insurance and after accidently burn that thing Actually this is getting quite interesting, im curious how simple can this problem be...Jetskimn, or somebody else, im open for tips of any kind.

Thanks

Comment

Jetskimn - I don't know who put a stick up your butt but it sounds like you need to go out and ride some more...such attitude!

Jh3586 - Try my advice next.

Comment

See people...it's comments and attitude just like that which are driving knowledgeable people away from this forum!! For being a representative of a company, I would think you would have a more politically correct, pleasant and curtious attitude approach! If I spoke that way to my customers at work, I would have been fired years ago...but I guess if you don't see this like others do, then you never will at this point. Now I'm done here!
            Last edited by Jetskimn; 08-19-2004, 04:28 PM.
            Top End - A great place to be!
            00' SLX
            00' SLH
            98' SLTX

Comment

I am curtious to people that are curtious to me. You really need to calm down, because you're the only one going off here. If you dislike it so much here, please leave.

Comment

jh3586 did you get it sorted? if so what was it. i have had the same problem for two years. completly stripped the thing to bits. or the dealer did cost me a fortune then i took it away as the bill was reaching the cost of the ski.
                re built it new everything mechanical. but left the electrics alone.
                i have disconected overheat sensor, and the fuel level sensor and still it happens.
                im on the verge of getting new ignition control unit... but dont want to spend money on something didnt need fixing. i read a post a couple of months ago about the same problem. the guy got a ignition upgrade kit with new stator etc. cost $300. didnt sound too bad any ideas where i can the this for a couple hundred quid.?

ill try the testing on the coils first though.
                good luck.

Comment

also anyone got a wiring diagram,
                  I still dont know why they removed the switch in the electrical box from 96 to 97. no one seems to have answed this one.

Comment

Its still the same Wayne, still running slow. But i will tell you if ill find the problem.

Comment

Ignition Kit

I Can order the kit and ship it to you. The cost is $300 US funds plus shipping and handleing fees to your location. Call 260-637-7953 or email me back @ modking@comcast.net. Be glad to help you out.

Comment

One more item to check would be the start stop switch on the handlebars. We have seen them go bad and cause intermitant spark. You can bypass the switch for testing purpose and see if it helps.

Comment

Bypassed it already the same day the problem appeared, no help.
                          Thx anyway Modking, if that was for me.

Jh

Comment

Thx for all the help guys

Couldnt find the problem, dont wanna spend all days searching it and the weather is getting quite cold already here in Finland, so I desided to sell my ski.
                            But i will buy a new one next spring, any suggestions? (should be at least 5 years old, because of our high prices)

Jh

Comment

Working...
                            X