GTX 4-TEC "Maint" light - help reseting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 4-TEC "Maint" light - help reseting

I have a 2003 GTX 4-TEC and need to reset the "Maint" light but do not know how. Any adice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: GTX 4-TEC "Maint" light - help reseting

Search is your friend: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/sho...ht=maint+reset
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I read that but it does not seem to work on this model. Please advise. Thank you.

Comment

Make sure it's running and MAINT is flashing when you do it.

Comment

I start it and within a second or two the Maint light comes on. I then press and hold the "Set" button and within a few seconds LED compass comes on telling me which way the wave runner is facing. I take the lanyard off and put it back on to see that the "Maint" light is still on. The light came on when I hit 50 hrs today. What am I missing here? Thank you.

Comment

Beats me - maybe you have a code being set and need to see a dealer. It will only go off if it's a non-active error or the periodic maint. reminder.

Comment

I am 99.9% that Maint light needs to be reset by a dealer via computer hook up. Tell the dealer what is going on some I've spoken with won't charge for that.

Once you find a dealer that takes care of the simple stuff like that for you, be sure to buy something from them like 3 qts of oil/filter for your next oil change.

Comment

The maint light should be able to be reset by holding the set button for 5 sec, with the tether cap on. If it goes away and comes back you may have a fault code in memory. To check that push the set button 5 times and it should display the code. Use the mode button to scroll thru them, when you get to the last one it will go back to normal. There are different kinds of codes. Some will put it into a limp home mode. One mode is 2500 rpm's and the other is 5000 rpm's. The 2500 mode is for serious things like low oil pressure. The 5000 rpm mode is for less serious codes like the OTPS problem. If you have a 1202 it's the OTPS sensor or something in the wiring. As that sensor provides a ground for the circuit thru the engine poor connections, grounds etc. are a problem. The thread sealant, paint etc. booger up the ground. If it still runs good (over 5000 rpm's) it's something minor and a dealer can read it with BUD's and figure it out.
                Dick Bell
                http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

The 03 year and later require the dealer to reset the Maint message with the laptop/Budds system.

Comment

i just took mine in to get serviced 03 4tec sc & they had to reset it with their computer too can't do it other way did it for free also

Comment

Well, I'm glad I'm not crazy. It still pisses me off that I cannot reset it myself.

04 GTX NA

Comment

Working...
                      X