Help Sltx Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Sltx Problem

I took out my SLTX Sunday , everything is running fine, accept when I go over 35mph. The engine dies. It start right back up and will go as long as you dont go over 35mph. I looked at the plugs and they look great , slight brownish color. What is the problem?

Re: Help Sltx Problem

What year is your SLTX? Sounds like it could be a couple of things...maybe a carb issue with a gas pulse line being bent or blocked. Or a gas line itself is colapsing when gas is going through it faster...look for a sharp bend or bent fuel line somewhere or just an old weak line...it will be really soft when squeezing it. Look at all your hose connections and make sure they are all there and tight. Start with that and see what you find...sometimes you just have to take one step at a time eliminating possiblities till you find the cause.
    Top End - A great place to be!
    00' SLX
    00' SLH
    98' SLTX

Comment

1998 .. what about the fuel filter?

Comment

Do you know where the fuel filter is? It's attached right behind the front storage bucket. You can unscrew the colar and take off the whole thing. You can clean it out and also see if any water has collected on the bottom of it. I highly doubt that this would be the problem though.
        Top End - A great place to be!
        00' SLX
        00' SLH
        98' SLTX

Comment

Working...
        X